|Order of Voln - edit|
|Voln, the Great Spirit|
|The History of the Order of Voln|
Kai's Smite, governed by Lord Kai, is obtained at the twenty-first step of the Order of Voln. This symbol affords a member the ability to initiate an unarmed combat attack against an undead target. This attack is activated via the SMITE (verb) and NOT by invoking the symbol. When the attack connects with a non-corporeal creature, instead of doing damage, it will temporarily corporealize it allowing for the possibility of critical damage from a subsequent attack. Against a corporeal undead target, it will make the creature temporarily more susceptible to damage. It has no effect on living creatures.
This effect has a ten second minimum duration which can be extended if used when tiered up (good or excellent positioning). Since there is no favor cost, it is recommended that members take full advantage of Kai's Smite when tactically practical.
Smite (by itself):
The duration (in seconds) of Kai's Smite on an affected creature is [success_margin / 10] * unarmed_combat_tier, where unarmed_combat_tier is 1, 2, or 3 for decent, good, or excellent positioning respectively. Smite's duration has a minimum of 5 seconds and a maximum of 30 seconds.
smite You attempt to smite a ghostly pooka! You have decent positioning against a ghostly pooka. Your arm and fist briefly glow silver with holy power! UAF: 229 vs UDF: 213 = 1.075 * MM: 86 + d100: 51 = 143 A crimson mist suddenly surrounds the ghostly pooka as he is unwillingly drawn into the corporeal plane! Roundtime: 4 sec.
The crimson mist surrounding a ghostly pooka fades away as he returns to an ethereal state.
Favor Required to Obtain Kai's Smite
- Ex. level 15 member: 2000 + ((15 × 15 × 35) ÷ 3) = 4625 favor
- Ex. level 20 member: 2000 + ((20 × 20 × 35) ÷ 3) = 6666 favor
Monk's Teaching and Instruction Highlights
- Kai is an extraordinary brawler who has taught us, with Kai's Strike to inflict damage to undead with our bare hands.
- He also taught us a technique, with Kai's Smite, to increase our power against corporeal undead and temporarily corporealizing the ethereal undead.
Wehnimer's Landing Task
This task requires the member to drop a weapon in the small pool in the Secluded Valley. The pool is located one room south of the Cavernhold entrance door (Upper Trollfang map). Be wary of hidden archers firing crossbow bolts while you are in the Secluded Valley area.
- From North Gate: SW, S, S, S, S, S, SW, S, SE, S, SE, S, S, S, SW, S, S, SE, SE, SW, W, S, S, S, S, SE, SE, NE, NE, E, E, Go Bridge, SE, S, SE, S, E, E, E, S, Search (searching for crevice), Go Crevice, SE, Climb Rubble, S, Climb Rubble, SE, SE, E, E, Go Trail, D, D, E, S, SE (Lich ID 8572)
- Drop <weapon> in pool
- Return to monk to receive symbol (Lich ID 18192)
To complete this task the member must again return to Zul Logoth and proceed to the pool in the Czeroth Caverns. Be aware that the pool is poisoned!
- From mine cart: Go Arch, W, NW, W, W, Go Timber, Go Opening, SW, SW, SW, SE, SE, SE, NE, NE, NE, NW, NW, Climb Rocks, SW, SW, SW, SE, SE, SE, NE, NE, NE, NW, NW, Go Opening, SW, SW, SW, SE, SE, SE, NE, NE, NE, NW, NW, SW, Go Pool (Lich ID: 9609)
- Drop <weapon> [in the pool]
- Return to monk to receive symbol