The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
Goddess of Love, Spring and Fertility
Oleani is the Goddess of Love, Fertility and Spring. To many, she is also considered the patroness of halflings. Her consort is Phoen, the Sun God.
Called upon to bless weddings and birthings, Oleani represents the many aspects of love. Her interests range from the romantic aspects of a "respectable and proper courtship" to the sensual magnetism which may spark an illicit love affair - from the tragedy of a lover's untimely death to the joy of a new birth.
In most lands she is honored in the early spring when a celebration of new love and a ritual requesting her blessing on the fields are combined into a single holiday.
Oleani's preferred humanoid manifestation is that of a woman of maddening beauty, of any race or color. In manner, she is amorous and nurturing. Her symbol is a red heart with a budding flower growing from it.
Shrines, Statuary, and Holy Places
Wehnimer's Landing, Wedding Glade
| [Wedding Glade]
| You are in a large glade, ringed by tall and majestic oaks. At its farther end, two of these venerable trees stand entwined as a living symbol of two souls bonded in matrimony. In the filtered light, the oaks almost look like lovers hugging, renewing their special bond. A small rosewood altar is set before the large oak trees, and an arch of modwir pine and spruce boughs leads to a shady path.
| Obvious paths: north
The altar stands in the entrance to the Wedding Glade, just southwest of the North Gate of Wehnimer's Landing. This location plays a role in one of the steps along the Path of Enlightenment in the Order of Voln.
Displayed in the Prayer Rooms of each Cleric Guild is a statue of Oleani. These prayer rooms are considered a holy shrine to multiple deities.
You see a sylvan woman of singular beauty and sensuality. Her shapely hand is outstretched, the palm turned down...perhaps offering it to be kissed, perhaps offering help to rise up.
You reach out and touch the statue of Oleani.
A warm feeling washes over you, as if Oleani smiled upon you.
Located in the Antechamber of Liabo is a table inset with disks depicting all of the Liabo arkati, including one for Oleani. This area is not considered a holy shrine.
A red heart, with a budding flower growing from it, is painted on the crystal disk representing Oleani.
Located in a small building just to the southeast of the entrance of the Icemule Trace cleric guild is a shrine dedicated to Oleani. This shrine is also available to non-clerics.
| [Cleric Guild, Shrine]
| A delicately-engraved ivory arch stretches across the far wall, its surface strewn with pure white iceblossoms. An altar of deep red marble stands to the north, and a large statue of an entrancingly beautiful woman carved out of the soft pink walls gazes down upon it. The woman is cast in a soft flickering light from the numerous pillar candles set in neatly-descending rows upon the edges of the altar, highlighting her stunning features further.
| Obvious exits: out
Dressed in a gown reminiscent of flowing white silk, the statue of Oleani captures the goddess gazing down lovingly at the foot of the altar where those who would come to offer prayers. Her pink mithril eyes glitter faintly as the light plays across them, their color a compliment to her full and attractive lips which are curved upwards in an adoring smile. She clasps a deep scarlet rose near her heart, the flower appearing freshly blossomed.
Smoothed to a lustrous shine, the altar is crafted from a large block of dappled red marble. A collection of white candles graces its rounded edges to cast a soft light upon the area. The outline of a heart has been carved into the center of the altar and filled with water, and several calamint flowers float gently upon its surface. A tapered white candle is set within the pool.
The candle is a pure white color, striated with streaks of subtle deep red at its base in the water. It appears to be burning brightly.
The tapered white candle flickers merrily within the pool on the altar, its warm light playing across the altar's lustrous surface.
Tiny ripples run back and forth against the tapered candle, bouncing back off the edges of the small heart-shaped pool set upon the altar as the candle's flame flickers gently.
Tiny ripples drift across the pool set into the altar's surface, the miniature waves highlighted by the warm candlelight.
The outline of the heart cut into the altar is framed beautifully by the warm, flickering light of the candle within it.
The surroundings are cast in a warm, embracing glow as the candles about the room flicker brightly.
The faint scent of roses drifts through the air as the white candle set upon the altar casts its soft light about the room.
The candles about the room flicker gently, causing the pink mithril eyes of Oleani's statue to glitter with reflected light.
One of the iceblossoms upon the arch flutters gently to the ground, its soft petals seemingly glowing with the same warm golden light of the surrounding candles.
Located just inside the tower of the Icemule Trace Cleric Guild is a pair of ice statues depicting Ivas and Oleani. This room is not considered a holy shrine.
| [Cleric Guild, Icemule Trace]
| The icy walls sparkle in the sunlight, glimmering with silvers and golds. The light caresses the two ice statues standing, backs turned but looking over their shoulders, in the center of the room. Both are female, but one is something less than humanoid in its form. They stand on a base of ice, words carved into the surface. The air is crisp and cold, smelling of melting glaciers and gently falling snow.
| Obvious exits: northeast, east, southeast, southwest, west, northwest, up, out
Two women of maddening beauty stand back to back, looking over their shoulders. While one is pure of feature and playful of glance, the other has rows of sharp teeth and tentacles in place of her arms. Both seem quite distrustful of the other.
In the Common language, it reads:
"Only through love can we truly come closer to the Gods."
- To add messaging, see deity messaging.
- [1p cleric] You chant a reverent orison, asking Oleani for love to bloom.
- [3p cleric] CLERIC chants a short but reverent orison, asking for love to bloom.
- [1p paladin] You bow your head and chant a short prayer to Oleani, causing vibrant red and pale pink light to momentarily coalesce in front of you.
- [3p paladin] PALADIN bows her head and chants a short prayer, causing vibrant red and pale pink light to momentarily coalesce in front of her.
|Major Sanctuary (220)
- Scented with the heady aroma of roses mixed with sweet wildflowers, the wind stirs around you and the world blurs...
| [Care of the Mother Sanctuary]
| Sunlight streams through stained glass panes of a bright red heart with a white rose blooming from its center, creating a mirror image upon the polished white marble floor. Cushioned pallets, downy soft and fluffy for comfort, are spaced sporadically about the sanctuary. The delicate trill of a reed flute twines with a harp in a playful duet somewhere nearby. Tiny fonts of rose quartz burble quietly beneath the painted window, their cool waters comforting and inviting.
- A deep sense of peace fills you as the world around you blurs...
|Well of Life (308)
- As you sense your souls have linked together, the light smell of spring flowers in bloom washes over you.
- [Success] Drifting cherry blossom petals shimmer into view all around TARGET!
- [Failure] The delicate, fleeting scent of spring flowers wafts from TARGET, but nothing comes of it.
- [Damage] A petal falls upon TARGET and ignites, blooming into crimson fire and scorching (him/her/it) for X points of damage!
- [Debuff end] The pale petals drift to the ground around TARGET and fade away.
- [1p] As your faith overcomes <target>'s weakened defenses, you sense the radiance and love of the Mistress of Adoration flowing through you.
- [2p] <caster>'s face shimmers and vanishes, and, in its place, you see the image of an exquisitely beautiful Dark Elf with spring flowers braided into her hair. A warm smile curves her lips as she gazes at you from beneath lowered lashes.
- [1p] Turning your thoughts inward, you ask for the love of your deity to protect you. The smell of lily-of-the-valley surrounds you, and you sense that your prayer has been granted.
- [3p] Violet light sparkles in CASTER's eyes.
- For your transgressions, your loveless life shall bring you no satisfaction. Every relationship you have shall be sundered, until you walk alone through a joyless life without the strength to end it.
|Raise Dead (318)
- [1p] Rich and lively, the scent of wild flowers suddenly fills the air as you finish your chant, and you feel alive with the energy of spring. With renewal at your fingertips, you gently touch TARGET on the brow and revel in the sweet rush of energy that passes through you into her.
- [2p] This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
- [3p] Rich and lively, the scent of wild flowers suddenly fills the air as CASTER finishes her chant, and an aura of energy forms a rose-hued nimbus around herself. Lifting his fingers, CASTER gently touches TARGET's brow and the nimbus drains away from CASTER as it fills TARGET with life.
- a pale pink morganite rose pendant
- This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
|Divine Wrath (335)
- As you pour your soul into an appeal to Oleani, you know that you are heard. Comforting warmth fills you, and a woman's soft voice whispers into your ear, "What is the worth of that which threatens love? I deem it to be nothing. Let it pass from this world and be gone."
- A faint pink tinge settles over all that you can see, and the scents of blooming wildflowers fill your senses as a light breeze stirs the air around you. The power of Oleani has answered your prayer
- A shroud of pale pink light suddenly encircles a TARGET, and tiny tongues of pure white flame flicker at the heart of the shroud.
- The scent of wildflowers fades away, and the world returns to its natural hues. Your connection to Oleani has lessened.
- CASTER chants a reverent litany and clasps her hands while tightly focusing her thoughts...
- A faint aura of pale pink light glimmers into existence around CASTER.
- A wisp of breeze stirs the air around CASTER, and the scent of blooming wildflowers suddenly fills your senses.
- The scents of blooming wildflowers fade from the air as the pink aura around CASTER dissipates.
- [Look Caster]
- A pale pink aura hangs around CASTER
|Symbol of the Proselyte (340)
- [Cast] You rest your hand atop your ruby heart symbol. Within the symbol, a roseate light blooms, growing to cover your entire hand.
- [Chant] You chant a reverent orison and lightly clasp your ruby heart symbol. A rush of divine power washes over you. Your symbol pulses once and you feel the warmth of Oleani's love within you.
- [1p]A warm spring breeze teases along your lifeless body, plucking at your clothes. Distant pressure builds in your heart and then spills forth, suffusing you with the warmth of love even as a tiny tendril of palest green pushes into view high on your chest. Petals swell from its tip, bursting broadly forth in velvety scarlet, scarce before a bud can form. The reflection of golden sunlight glimmers at the heart of the sudden blossom for a scant moment before the petals spread and fall, leaving faint trails of pinkish light in their wake as they shimmer out of view.
- [3p]A warm spring breeze teases along Subarashi's lifeless body, plucking at her clothes. Ever so slowly, a tiny tendril of palest green pushes into view high on her chest. Petals swell from its tip, bursting broadly forth in velvety scarlet, scarce before a bud can form. The reflection of golden sunlight glimmers at the heart of the sudden blossom for a scant moment before the petals spread and fall, leaving faint trails of pinkish light in their wake as they shimmer out of view.
|Guard the Meek (1613)
|Divine Strike (1615)
|Aid the Fallen (1620)
- This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
|Divine Incarnation (1650)
- [Cast 1p] This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
- [Cast 3p]
- [Expiration 1p]
- [Expiration 3p]
- [Zeal 1p]
- [Zeal 3p]
- [Armor 1p]
- [Armor 3p]
- [Smite 1p]
- [Smite 3p]
- [Onslaught 1p]
- [Onslaught 3p]