God of Craftsmanship, Labor and Triumph Over Adversity
Eonak is the artificer of the gods. He is also the consort of Imaera. After the Ur-Daemon War, he took the people who worked in the stone under his wing and taught them. Thus, he is considered the patron of the dwarves.
Maker of all of the fantastic items used by the gods, Eonak spends most of his time at his forge. He is more at home there than anywhere else, and at times only a decree from Koar or the soft words of Imaera can separate him from it.
Often considered a strange pairing, Imaera and Eonak are each masters of crafting, although their choices of substances is vastly different. Imaera's crafting is of living things, of cycles and seasons and balance. Eonak's crafting is of inanimate things, yet even as Imaera's, his creations must fulfill their purposes, achieve a balance of beauty and utility, and all, even as Imaera's do, contain some part of him that marks them as creations of Eonak's hand.
Eonak personifies success won by hard work rather than natural gifts alone. Legends differ as to how Eonak lost his arm, but all agree that the veil iron arm he spent lifetimes crafting is the greatest piece of craftsmanship ever under taken and serves him better than the original.
Eonak's preferred humanoid manifestation is that of a heavily muscled person, either a short man or a large dwarf, who wears the leather garments of a blacksmith. His left arm is missing, replaced by a veil iron prosthetic. In manner, he is impatient, surly and distracted. His symbol is a golden anvil on a field of brown.
Shrines, Statuary, and Holy Places
Displayed in the Prayer Rooms of each Cleric Guild is a statue of Eonak. These prayer rooms are considered a holy shrine to multiple deities.
The scowling face of a large, burly dwarf frowns back at you. He is dressed in a blacksmith's apron and leaning on a sturdy hammer. His left arm appears to be made of metal.
You reach out and touch the statue of Eonak.
A warm feeling washes over you, as if Eonak smiled upon you.
Located in the Antechamber of Liabo is a table inset with disks depicting all of the Liabo arkati, including one for Eonak. This area is not considered a holy shrine.
A golden anvil on a field of brown is painted on the crystal disk representing Eonak.
There is an altar in one of the Alchemy workshops inside the River's Rest Cleric Guild dedicated to Eonak. This area is not considered a holy shrine.
An altar is set atop a granite slab against the wall beneath the window.
The altar is crafted of the same material as the slab upon which it rests. A small stone anvil sits squarely in the center of the altar, surrounded by a circle of tiny iron ingots.
Through a dark entryway just east of the entrance to the Kharam Dzu Cleric Guild on Teras Isle is a shrine dedicated to Eonak.
|[Cleric Guild, Hall]
|Thick tiles of square glaes form a straight line along the middle of the floor here, a dark red glow emanating from the lava that flows within the channel. Waves of vaporous heat blur the air slightly, the temperature almost too much to bear in this slightly cramped hall. Slabs of iron sit reverently in small shelves carved into the rock, along with various other metals of different make and hue.
|Obvious exits: south, out
|[Cleric Guild, Shrine]
|The ruddy crimson light emanating from a lava pocket covered by a circle of glaes bathes the golden anvil that serves as an altar in a glow not unlike that of a forge. Cast in heavy iron, a statue of a thickly muscled man wearing a leather apron stands behind the anvil, his right hand holding a huge hammer ready to strike an unseen slab of metal. The dark red light from the lava below plays across the statue's gleaming surface, illuminating the man's determined and headstrong expression.
|Obvious exits: north
Cast from gleaming iron, the statue is devoid of color, instead relying on the ruddy light of the lava surrounding it below the floor to enhance its rugged features. Eonak is depicted with his prosthetic arm upon the anvil as if holding a piece of unseen metal steady, while his right holds a huge hammer high above his head in preparation to make a precise strike. His brows are furrowed in deep concentration, and his face bears the lines of one who has toiled long and hard at his craft.
Set before a small ring of glaes that protects any bystander from the bubbling lava underneath, the anvil is completely unadorned. The statue of Eonak's faux veil iron arm is eternally set with its palm downturned upon the altar, as if it were holding down a piece of metal to be forged.
Zul Logoth, Temple of Eonak
Through a metal door just east of the Zul Logoth Cleric Guild is the Temple of Eonak.
|[Temple of Eonak, West Sanctuary]
|Towering columns chiseled from the granite rock itself leap upward to support a crystal-encrusted ceiling forty or more feet overhead. Thick, sienna velvet carpeting extends from north wall to south wall in this cavernous sanctuary, and benches placed in rows march toward the altar that stands at least a hundred feet to the east. All around, fire billows brightly along a ledge twelve feet up, the licking flames displaying no effect on the russet, woven mithril curtains that adorn the walls. You also see a winding stair and a black metal door.
|Obvious exits: east
|[Temple of Eonak, East Sanctuary]
|A river of fire extends around the walls to converge in a sea of flame underneath the gigantic altar. The blaze's red cast reflects off the russet mithril curtains and the crystal-encrusted ceiling, bathing the room in a warm, flickering glow. Long benches provide places to sit and quietly contemplate if one does not feel distracted by the crackling fire all around. The room has been arranged so that all attention is directed toward the gigantic altar and the rising wall just behind it. You also see a narrow passageway.
|Obvious exits: west
This area is a holy shrine.
The altar consists of a massive golden anvil, nearly fifteen feet long, a twenty-foot-long mithril battle axe laying on the anvil, and a sea of fire surrounding both larger-than-life constructions. A gigantic iron hand gripping a vultite hammer appears ready to strike the battle axe's blade.
The anvil stands in the sea of fire, its base unseen among the roiling flames. Fifteen feet long and half as wide, it appears to be made of pure polished gold. Its edges are perfectly beveled, and its sides are smooth and free of imperfections. A mithril battle axe rests on the anvil's flat upper surface.
The mithril battle axe's blade gleams in the flickering firelight, and the blade's edge appears sharp and deadly. This axe was made for no mortal being, as the blade is easily eight feet across and the haft over twice as long. A single piece of dark ironwood, twenty feet long and three feet thick, makes up the haft. The heavily lacquered handle extends ten or so feet beyond the end of the golden anvil, yet the battle axe appears to be in no danger of falling.
The details of the gigantic hand have been carefully carved into the solid iron, right down to the fingernails and lines in the knuckles. The hand tightly grips the shaft of the hammer, holding it aloft over the battle axe and anvil.
|[Temple of Eonak, Landing]
|This simple granite platform extends out from the south wall, supported by several granite arches anchored into the wall. A winding stair spirals down to the floor of the sanctuary sixteen feet below, and a grey marble opening allows exit into a tunnel in the wall. From this overhead vantage many aspects of the temple, such as the ledge, the fire ring, the fire sea, the ceiling, the anvil, and the battle axe, show aspects not apparent when viewed from the temple's floor.
|Obvious exits: none
This area is a holy shrine.
>look at ledge
The granite ledge is approximately two feet wide and circles the edge of the temple on the north, west and south walls. On the east end it turns and widens out into a large dais that holds the altar. The thinner ledge area contains a shallow trough which appears to hold an abundance of clear oil. The fire feeds on this oil.
>look at sea
The ledge's trough widens out into a shallow sea full of clear oil. The fire burns this oil greedily, though apparently not hot enough to disturb the golden anvil that rests in the center of the sea.
>look at anvil
The anvil stands in the sea of fire, its base resting in the shallow pool of light oil. Fifteen feet long and half as wide, it appears to be made of pure polished gold. Four small rings dot the surface of the anvil, and two leather straps the color of the battle axe's ironwood handle are affixed to the rings. The two leather straps securely hold the mithril battle axe against the anvil's flat upper surface.
- To add messaging, see deity messaging.
- [1p cleric] You chant a reverent orison, asking for the heat of Eonak's forge to empower you.
- [3p cleric] CLERIC chants a short but reverent orison, asking for the heat of the forge to empower her.
- [1p paladin] You bow your head and chant a short prayer to Eonak, causing pale golden and brown light to momentarily coalesce in front of you.
- [3p paladin] PALADIN bows her head and chants a short prayer, causing pale golden and brown light to momentarily coalesce in front of her.
|Major Sanctuary (220)
- A sudden rush of heat blasts your face, causing your eyes to water. Your vision blurs...
|[The Forge Sanctuary]
|Large brown blocks form the high walls of the stall, while the ground is fashioned of packed dirt. Burning strongly in a walled pit is a sweat inducing heat with a bright orange glow. The faint clang of a hammer striking an anvil rises and falls upon the air.
- The flames rise suddenly as a wayward breeze stirs the fire's ashes. Sweat trickles into your eyes and obscures your vision of the world around you...
|Well of Life (308)
- As you sense your souls have linked together, your face tingles briefly with heat like that of a nearby forge.
- [Success] TARGET startles at the sudden, clamorous ring of metal on metal!
- [Failure] A faint metallic susurration gives TARGET pause, but nothing comes of it.
- [Damage] *Clang!* The air reverberates with metallic echoes, blasting TARGET for X points of damage!
- [Debuff end] The rhythmic ring of striking metal surrounding TARGET fades away.
- [1p] As your faith overcomes TARGET's weakened defenses, you sense the strong will and determination of the Master of the Forge flowing through you.
- [2p] CASTER's face shimmers and vanishes, and, in its place, you see the craggy face of a dwarven man. An aura of reddish-golden light, much like the glow of a forge, surrounds his features. His brown gaze bores into you, and the image sears itself into your eyes before everything goes black.
- [1p] Turning your thoughts inward, you ask for the labor of your deity to protect you. Your eyes sting as if with the touch of smoke or sweat, and you sense that your prayer has been granted.
- [3p] Dark red light glimmers in CASTER's eyes.
- XXX speaks a harsh, angry invocation in an unknown language.
- For your transgressions, no tool will be true in your hand. Wood will buckle and splinter, metal will twist and shatter, and even the greatest of enchantments will fade without warning....
|Raise Dead (318)
- [1p]Chanting slowly, your mind and body fill with strong sense of purpose as you gaze down at TARGET. Within your mind's eye you unravel the greater machinations of life and realize that the prone body lying before you is still needed to make them still work. Touching one finger to his forehead, you reignite the spark of life within him and return him to their greater function.
- [2p] This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
- [3p] Chanting slowly, the sound reminiscent of cogs moving through a large machine, CASTER gazes down at TARGET with a sense of greater understanding in his eyes. Briefly touching upon TARGET's forehead, CASTER reignites the spark of life within him.
- a polished stone anvil talisman
- The earth shifts almost imperceptibly beneath your feet, becoming somehow more solid, more supporting. Your ears ring with the sharp sound of metal on metal, but the tone is faint and hollow, heard as though from a great distance. A moment later, the distant hammering fades away.
|Divine Wrath (335)
- As you pour your soul into an appeal to Eonak, you know that you are heard. You feel heat against your face like the heat of a forge close at hand as a faint ruddy haze swirls into existence.
- The reddish haze shifts and solidifies into the image of a short, stocky, copper-skinned man bending over an anvil. He pays no attention to you or to anything around you, but you know that the power of Eonak has answered your prayer.
- Within the reddish haze swirling beside TARGET, the man brings his forging-hammer sharply down upon the anvil, producing a loud clang.
- The ruddy haze near you dissipates, and the sound of the forging hammer dies away. As the forge-fire's heat leaves your skin, your connection to Eonak lessens.
- A faint ruddy haze swirls into existence not far from CASTER.
- The reddish haze near CASTER shifts and solidifies into the image of a short, stocky, copper-skinned man bending over an anvil. Faintly, you can hear the rhythmic ringing as his hammer strikes.
- Within the reddish haze swirling beside CASTER, the man brings his forging-hammer sharply down upon the anvil, producing a loud clang.
- As the ruddy haze near CASTER dissipates, the sound of the ringing hammer dies away.
- [Look Caster]
- A reddish haze swirls in midair not far from her, and the image of a short, stocky man at an anvil can dimly be discerned within the haze.
- a reddish haze
- Gazing into the ruddy haze, you see the image of a short, stocky, copper-skinned man bending over an anvil. He pays no attention whatsoever to you as he wields his forging hammer, and the orange light reflecting from his forge fire obscures his features from view.
|Symbol of the Proselyte (340)
- [Cast] This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
- [1p] This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
- [3p] Odd whirls and metallic clangs herald the arrival of a dwarf crafted entirely of bronze. The strange, mechanical man moves with jerky movements to a position beside the prone form of CLERIC and begins to tinker with his appearance and clothing. At first, nothing seems to come of the strange bronze creature's meddling, but slowly color returns to CLERIC's face. Steam billowing from its ears, the metallic dwarf straightens and teeters from the area, dissipating as it moves.
|Aid the Fallen (1613)
- [1p] A pillar of reddish-orange radiance manifests around TARGET.
- [2p] This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
- You briefly close your eyes, and the repeated sound of metal striking metal rings out in the air around you. A faint golden light builds up and emanates from your hand before it takes the shape of an ethereal forging hammer!
- A shockwave of golden energy ripples out from the head of the ethereal forging hammer, striking TARGET!
- The ethereal forging hammer fizzles into a puff of smoke.
- This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
|Divine Incarnation (1650)
- [Cast 1p] The staccato rhythm of your chant has scarcely left your ears when a sharp clang like the clash of a hammer against an anvil rings through you, and your vision is showered in bronze sparks.
- [Cast 3p] The staccato rhythm of CASTER'S chant has scarcely left your ears when you feel a concussion ripple through the air, and he is bathed in shower of bronze sparks.
- [Expiration 1p]You feel the influence of Eonak leaving you like the concussion of an anvil strike reverberating through your body, and the bronze sparks accenting your vision fade like dying embers.
- [Expiration 3p]You hear the distinct peal of an anvil strike, and the bronze sparks cloaking CASTER fade like dying embers.
- [Zeal 1p]You beseech your patron for combat prowess as reddish orange radiance begins to take form, swirling violently around you.
- [Zeal 3p]CASTER beseeches his patron as reddish orange radiance begins to take form, swirling violently around him.
- [Armor 1p]As your brusque orison to Eonak leaves your lips, you feel a weighty mantle settle over you. The subtle whisper of metal sliding on metal hums in your ears as ephemeral plates of gold illumination scale over your shoulders, chest, and back.
- [Armor 3p]As CASTER'S brusque orison to Eonak leaves his lips, you hear the subtle whisper of metal sliding on metal as ephemeral plates of gold illumination scale over his shoulders, chest, and back.
- [Smite 1p]Your voice rings as piercing and true as a hammer strike as you make an impassioned overture to Eonak for his aid. Like metal bathed in the red-hot coals of a forge, heat surges through you as you are spurred into action, the exacting blow of your weapon trained on a TARGET.
- [Smite 3p]CASTER'S voice rings as piercing and true as a hammer strike as he makes an impassioned overture to Eonak for his aid. Like metal bathed in the red-hot coals of a forge, a fiery glow erupts around him as he is spurred into action, each exacting blow of his weapon trained on a TARGET.
- [Onslaught 1p]Beating out the syllables of your invocation of Eonak with precision and vehemence, shearing cascades of gold and bronze energy stream off of you in waves that scorch and throw back your enemies. Though you are unaffected, your weapon turns a molten crimson in your hand as you strike your enemies.
- [Onslaught 3p]CASTER beats out the syllables of his invocation of Eonake with precision and vehemence, and shearing cascades of gold and bronze energy stream off of him in waves that scorch and throw back his enemies. Though CASTER seems unphased, his weapon turns a molten crimson in his hand as he strikes out at his enemies.