God of Night and Dreams
Ronan is the God of Night. He is master of sleep and dreams, and guardian against those who would violate the peaceful respite of that other world. Ronan is perhaps the most active foe of the Dark Gods.
Ronan is the darker twin of Phoen, and it is said that the two, being night and day, cannot come together in the same place.
Given their avoidance of light and their use of darkness as a cloak to cover their activities, Ronan finds the Dark Gods trespassing in his realm quite regularly. Ronan and Sheru are in constant conflict since they both regard the night and sleep as their rightful territories. Luukos also mounts a constant assault on Ronan's realm with those who have failed to die cleanly and are now subject to his curse.
Ronan's preferred humanoid manifestation is that of a gaunt man with heavy-lidded eyes and a mysterious smile. His eyes are without whites, leaving deep black pools broken only by a faint grey swirl. He dresses only in black, and even the steel of his weapons is black. In manner, he is sleepy and sardonic. His symbol is a black sword with a silver edge on a field of black.
Shrines, Statuary, and Holy Places
|[The Shrine of Dreams]
|Stars surround you, twinkling brightly as far as the eye can see. Or so it seems, until you look more closely, and realize that the walls and ceiling of this room are made of rocks pieced together in such a way that bits of light flicker through the crevices, giving the illusion of being beneath a starlit sky. Pinpoints of light reflect off of the polished black marble floor, adding to the sensation that you have entered the heavens themselves. You also see a stained black marble altar with a shallow font on it.
In the Hall of Lessons inside the Solhaven Cleric Guild was a holy shrine dedicated to Ronan.
|[Cleric Guild, Hall of Lessons]
|A shallow alcove of stone to the northwest harbors a statue of a gaunt man with heavy-lidded eyes, his hand resting upon the hilt of a longsword. A black altar stands before the statue, an open tome resting upon its immaculately smooth surface. Throughout the ceiling, glistening white shells have been inlaid into the rock, causing them to twinkle like stars as the candles placed throughout the room flicker softly.
|Obvious exits: southeast
>look at Ronan
Gaunt yet stylish, the image of Ronan is nearly identical to that of the statue of Phoen. His eyes, however, are heavy-lidded and his expression is one of bitter irony. His thin hand rests on a drawn longsword, an evocative gesture suggesting he keeps the weapon nearby simply because killing without it would muss his clothing.
You reach out and touch the statue of Ronan.
A warm feeling washes over you, as if Ronan smiled upon you.
K>look at altar
Crafted from deep black steel, the front of the altar has been engraved with the design of a long silver sword. The surface of the altar is perfectly polished, and its color is reminiscent of the darkest of midnights.
K>look at tome
Its cover and pages both a midnight black shade, the passage upon the open pages of this tome are written in a careful, flowing hand with silver ink.
There appears to be something written on it.
In the Common language, it reads:
"The stars in the night sky guide the sailors home. So too shall Ronan guide you to peaceful sleep."
Located in the Antechamber of Liabo is a table inset with disks depicting all of the Liabo arkati, including one for Ronan. This area is not considered a holy shrine.
A black sword, with a silver edge, on a field of black is painted on the crystal disk representing Ronan.
Located just inside the main building of the River's Rest Cleric Guild is a pair of glaes statues depicting Ronan and Sheru. This room is not considered a holy shrine.
A tall, gaunt man fixes his heavy-lidded eyes on the figure opposite him, his gaze weary but his lips curved in a faint smile which might be mockery or pity. The lips of the jackal-headed man across from him are likewise pulled back slightly, but in a defiant snarl. Both figures stand rigid, each clearly vigilant against the other's encroachment on his domain.
In the Common language, it reads:
"It is in our dreams that we may touch the gods."
- To add messaging, see deity messaging.
- [1p cleric] You chant a reverent orison, asking Ronan to grant you a peaceful sleep.
- [3p cleric] CLERIC chants a short but reverent orison, asking to be granted a peaceful sleep.
- [1p paladin] You bow your head and chant a short prayer to Ronan, causing night black and silver light to momentarily coalesce in front of you.
- [3p paladin] PALADIN bows her head and chants a short prayer, causing night black and silver light to momentarily coalesce in front of her.
|Major Sanctuary (220)
- Saturated with the soothing scent of jasmine, a lazy breeze caresses your face, blurring your vision and the surroundings...
|[Star Spangled Sanctuary]
|Thousands of silvery pinpoints of light are scattered across the sanctuary's sky, which is colored so deep a blue that it is nearly black. Chilled marble, polished to a reflective sheen, reflects the night sky and is covered with downy soft sleeping pallets. The sound of a soft lullaby, its words unintelligible but its tune somehow familiar, drifts to your ears on the lazy wind.
- Above you the heavens swirl and stir, their distant brightness growing as the stars fall from the sky and speed towards you, causing your vision, and the sanctuary, to blur...
|Well of Life (308)
- As you sense your souls have linked together, a tide of dreamlike lassitude washes through you.
- [Success] Shadows deepen all around, enveloping TARGET in night's embrace!
- [Failure] Shadows encroach on TARGET, but nothing comes of it.
- [Damage] Dancing with dreamlike languor, tongues of black and silver flames sear TARGET for X points of damage!
- [Debuff end] The deep shadows surrounding TARGET fade away.
- [1p] As your faith overcomes TARGET's weakened defenses, you sense the dark, watchful power of the Lord of Dreams flowing through you.
- [2p] This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
- [1p] Turning your thoughts inward, you ask for the sword of your deity to protect you. The shadow of night darkens everything around you, and you sense that your prayer has been granted.
- [3p] Starry silver radiance shimmers in CASTER's eyes.
- For your transgressions, your dreams shall be hopeless, and your waking hours possessed by dreams. You shall have no peace waking or sleeping, for you will never fully enter, nor fully leave sleep, and there shall be no rest for you....
|Raise Dead (318)
- [1p] Weaving your hands as you speak the words of your prayer, you are momentarily mesmerized by the silver nimbus that your movements create. The world around you takes on a dream-like quality and the nimbus at your fingertips turns into the image of a slender blade. Grasping it by the hilt, you plunge the silver light into TARGET's chest and feel the shock of impact tear the blade from your hands. As TARGET draws the breath of life into her lungs, the blade becomes ethereal and disperses into the air.
- [2p] Weaving his hands as he speaks the words of his prayer, CASTER is momentarily mesmerized by the silver nimbus that his movements create. The world around you takes on a dream-like quality and the nimbus at CASTER'S fingertips turns into the image of a slender blade. Grasping it by the hilt, CASTER plunges the silver light into your chest and you feel the shock of its impact fill you with life. As you draw breath into your lungs, the blade becomes ethereal and disperses into the air.
- [3p] Weaving her hands as she speaks the words of her prayer, CASTER is momentarily mesmerized by the silver nimbus that her movements create. The world around you takes on a dream-like quality and the nimbus at CASTER's fingertips turns into the image of a slender blade. Grasping it by the hilt, CASTER plunges the silver light into TARGET's chest and the shock of its impact fills TARGET with life. As TARGET draws her first breath, the blade becomes ethereal and disperses into the air.
- a silver-edged jet sword symbol
- This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
|Divine Wrath (335)
- As you pour your soul into an appeal to Ronan, you know that you are heard. Dreamlike lassitude fills your body, and everything darkens around you.
- Your vision splits and twins -- with one sight, you see the world around you, and, with the other, you see a wide, barren plain stretching away beneath a midnight sky. The silhouetted forms of pure black unicorns run soundlessly toward you across the dreaming plain. The power of Ronan has answered your prayer.
- Seen only by your spirit gaze, one of the dream unicorns lowers its head and charges fiercely toward TARGET! Just before impact, the unicorn's horn glows fiercely amber in hue.
- You lose sight of the dream unicorns and the barren plain upon which they run as your connection to Ronan lessens. The waking world seems brighter again as the sense of dreamlike lassitude leaves you.
- CASTER gazes around sleepily, and a sourceless shadow falls over her, darkening CASTER and her possessions to the hues of the world beneath a starry midnight sky.
- CASTER's gaze unfocuses for a moment, and she blinks several times before her eyes refocus on the world around her.
- As CASTER gazes dreamily on, TARGET suddenly reacts in terror and alarm to some unseen attack.
- The sourceless shadow lifts from around CASTER, and she seems more awake and alert now.
- [Look Caster]
- A sourceless shadow rests upon CASTER, casting her features and possessions into the hues that they would be beneath a starry midnight sky.
|Symbol of the Proselyte (340)
- [Cast] You rest your hand atop your ebony symbol of Ronan. A shadow falls over your hand, and the symbol of Ronan, though a few pinpricks of starry brightness shine through.
- [Chant] You chant a reverent orison and lightly clasp your obsidian sword symbol. A rush of divine power washes over you. Your symbol pulses once and you feel the sleeping might of Ronan awake within you.
- [1p] The sounds of night drift to your ears and you feel a deep lassitude flood your spirit. At the edge of your vision the pale white beautiful image of a unicorn begins to take shape. It paws at the air, its silver hooves creating sparks of light that twinkle like a thousand stars. As it lowers the horn to touch your forehead you feel a deep sense of peace that intensifies as a silver nimbus blankets you. The unicorn and the nimbus disappear at once, and you feel yourself waking slowly from a dream.
- [3p] This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
|Aid the Fallen (1613)
- [1p] A pillar of darkness manifests around TARGET.
- [2p] This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
- [3p] CASTER's eyes glow with silver light, and a pillar of darkness manifests around TARGET.
- You briefly close your eyes, and the faint visage of a rearing unicorn appears behind you. A faint black light builds up and emanates from your hand before it takes the shape of an ethereal sword!
- A plume of silver starlit flames stream from the edge of your ethereal sword, striking TARGET!
- The ethereal sword in your hand scatters into pinpoints of light that fade away.
- CASTER briefly closes her eyes, and the faint visage of a rearing unicorn appears behind her. A faint black light builds up and emanates from Avalera's hand before it takes the shape of an ethereal sword, and Avalera thrusts it forward!
- A plume of silver starlit flames stream from the edge of the ethereal sword, striking a greater burrow orc!
- The ethereal sword in CASTER's hand scatters into pinpoints of light that fade away.
|Divine Incarnation (1650)
- [Cast 1p] Issuing the last syllables of your spell, your vision is momentarily obscured by the image of a star-spangled night sky
- [Cast 3p] As CASTER issues the last syllable of her spell, a black nimbus formulates before her and settles over her eyes.
- [Expiration 1p] You feel the influence of Ronan leaving you as your vision is momentarily obscured by the image of a star-spangled night sky.
- [Expiration 3p] The inky blackness that fills CASTER's eyes slowly fades away.
- [Zeal 1p] Your black veil iron katana is suddenly set ablaze with night black flames that swirl in a violent vortex around it!
- [Zeal 3p] CASTER beseeches her patron as darkness begins to take form, swirling violently around her.
- [Armor 1p] Concentrating upon the might of Ronan, you beseech him to guard you and feel his comforting presence settle within you.
- [Armor 3p] A brief look of concentration flits across CASTER's face and is immediately followed by an inky black nimbus, suffused with the glitter of a thousand stars, settling upon her shoulders, chest, and back.
- [Smite 1p] Calling upon Ronan to guide your hand, you watch as an ethereal silver scimitar superimposes itself over your katana. Raising it high over your head, you bring it down upon a human thief and release the full might of Ronan upon him.
- [Smite 3p] Superimposed over CASTER's warsword is the image of a silver scimitar. She raises her warsword high overhead and strikes down upon a greater burrow orc with the full might of Ronan.
- [Onslaught 1p] You utter a soft prayer to Ronan and feel a familiar lassitude settle over you. Oddly swift and furious, despite the laconic feeling that wreathes you, you wield your weapon in a dazzling attack against all that surround you.
- [Onslaught 3p] You utter a soft prayer to Ronan and feel a familiar lassitude settle over you. Oddly swift and furious, despite the laconic feeling that wreathes you, you wield your weapon in a dazzling attack against all that surround you.