Goddess of Darkness, Domination and Tyranny
Eorgina is the Goddess of darkness and ruler of the dark gods. She bestows upon herself the title of Queen of the Gods and works toward the end of taking the places of Koar and Lumnis, or at the least replacing Lumnis at Koar's side. It is incomprehensible to her that Lumnis does not claim the title of Queen of the Gods, as the thought of not taking power where it is offered is beyond Eorgina's understanding.
The Queen of Darkness personifies the unrestrained power of tyranny and draws strength wherever one being dominates another, be it a despot with no regard for justice or a stepmother with no love for her husband's children. Ironically, her worshipers often include those who have been wronged by tyranny and seek the revenge of returning the favor.
Eorgina's preferred humanoid manifestation is that of a beautiful queen wearing the richest and most beautiful of velvet robes and weighed down with lavish jewelry. In manner, she is cruel and destructive with a veneer of royal bearing. Her symbol is red, stylized flames on a field of grey.
Shrines, Statuary, and Holy Places
Displayed in the Prayer Rooms of each Cleric Guild is a statue of Eorgina. These prayer rooms are considered a holy shrine to multiple deities.
Looking back at you with cold, regal disinterest is the face of a woman of singular beauty. She is clad in a gown of sumptuous fashion and richly bedecked in jewelry. Her posture suggests she is accustomed to...and expects...instant obedience.
You reach out and touch the statue of Eorgina.
A chill runs down your spine, as if you had briefly caught Eorgina's dread attentions.
Located in the Antechamber of Lornon is a table inset with fist-sized seals depicting all of the Lornon arkati, including one for Eorgina. The other disks encircle Eorgina's, which is larger. This area is not considered a holy shrine.
Eight round, fist-sized seals, bearing the symbols of Andelas, Fash'lo'nae, Ivas, Luukos, Marlu, Mularos, Sheru, and V'tull, encircle a much larger seal adorned with the symbol of Eorgina. Each emblem is fashioned from a disk of pure gold and is set into the table so as to be flush with its surface.
Stylized red flames on a field of gray are painted on the golden seal of Eorgina.
Eorgina's Temple, Solhaven
The Adytum in Eorgina's Temple in Solhaven is a holy shrine, but the area is not sanctified.
Behind the Scenes
The I.C.E. Age form of Eorgina, who was called Orgiana, was a malevolent fire goddess with grey steel skin. Orgiana was not considered the Queen of the Dark Gods in Shadow World history. In fact, she was not even on Charon (Lornon) at all, having been banished to the Black Hel. Her cults often involved a hatred of men. Eorgina was originally described in much the same way, with the queen aspects added on resembling Kadaena. The original parts that strongly resembled Orgiana were later removed, her holy symbol being the only obvious connection to her original form.
- Physical Appearance
Her avatar appeared fully manifested at her opening of Li'aerion.
You see Queen Eorgina.
She appears to be humanoid.
She is taller than average and appears to be mature. She has large ruby-flecked grey eyes and pale, shimmering skin. She has very long, sleek ebon hair draped in a single braid over her left shoulder. She has an oval face.
She is surrounded by a subtle glow, which radiates forth and illuminates the area with each slight movement.
She is wearing a glittering diamond shard, and some fluid grey velvet robes that seem to shift and swirl about her form.
- To add messaging, see deity messaging.
- [1p cleric] You chant a reverent orison, asking Eorgina to bend your will and purpose to Her own devices.
- [3p cleric] CLERIC chants a short but reverent orison, asking to be used as his patron commands.
- [1p paladin] You bow your head and chant a short prayer to Eorgina, causing fiery red and light grey light to momentarily coalesce in front of you.
- [3p paladin] PALADIN bows her head and chants a short prayer, causing fiery red and light grey light to momentarily coalesce in front of her.
|Major Sanctuary (220)
- Silver light sparkles on the air, which suddenly turns cold and draws with it an unyielding wind. The light fills your vision...
|[Queen's Throne Room Sanctuary]
|Tall and imposing, an ornate throne rises at the distant end of the room upon a dais fashioned of sanguine-veined ebon marble. Moonlight streams in through floor-to-ceiling windows covered in silk sheers that flutter in a cool breeze, offering a glimpse of snow covered peaks beyond. A pair of golden candelabras spread their filigreed arms toward the distant ceiling and provides soft illumination for all under their glow.
- A sudden chill wind sets the sanguine silks covering the windows aflutter, their gauzy layers obscuring your vision...
|Well of Life (308)
- As you sense your souls have linked together, the area seems to darken for a moment.
- [Success] Darkness encroaches, commanding attention, and TARGET quails before it!
- [Failure] The air around TARGET darkens briefly, but nothing comes of it.
- [Damage] Flames erupt around TARGET, scorching (him/her/it) for X points of damage!
- [Debuff end] The looming darkness around TARGET fades away.
- [1p] As your faith overcomes TARGET's weakened defenses, you sense the domineering majesty of the Queen of Darkness flowing through you.
- [2p] CASTER's face shimmers and vanishes, and, in its place, you see an imperious and beautiful woman wearing a magnificent crown of sparkling black diamonds. An expression of cruel satisfaction rests upon her shadowed visage. Darkness wells forth to consume the image, and then you see nothing at all.
- [1p] Turning your thoughts inward, you ask for the majesty of your deity to protect you. The scent of something burning drifts past, and you sense that your prayer has been granted.
- [3p] Dark crimson light glitters in CASTER's eyes.
- For your carelessness, your spirit shall be shackled by invisible chains, rendering you a lowly slave. You will grovel at the feet of the one who controls your freedom, kissing the jeweled hem of her garments and begging for a chance to redeem yourself!
|Raise Dead (318)
- [1p] Weaving your hands into a complex gesture, you feel a power begin to fill your very being, and in your peripherals you see the dark hue of licking flames. You narrow your eyes so that only TARGET's prone form is in your field of vision. The last syllable of your spell falls from your lips, a sharp command at the soul beyond the lifeless body, and you feel raw energy course through you into TARGET.
- [2p] Raw energy spills from the shadows that ring CASTER as she begins to weave her hands in complex gestures above you. Narrowing her eyes, Savior issues a sharp command at your spirit as it floats above your body, then you feel yourself slam back into your mortal shell.
- [3p] Weaving his hands in complex gestures, CASTER begins to cast his spell and you notice that the shadows lengthen around him. CASTER narrows his eyes, his gaze falling upon TARGET, and issues one sharp command. Raw energy passes between the two and the shadows return from whence they came.
- a stylized firestone flame pendant
- Dark colors, shadowy yet jewel-bright, waver in the air about you, swirling and melting in an ever-changing tapestry of ghostly luminescence. A velvety soft touch alights on your neck, wordlessly promising guidance, but the contact swiftly grows as cold and hard as steel. It forces you down, pushing you lower, enforcing your submission with sheer power, but still the dusky play of colors dances on the air.
- That powerful touch fades after a moment, as does the vision of so many reflected colors.
|Divine Wrath (335)
- As you pour your soul into an appeal to Eorgina, you know that you are heard. Your own will shrivels like a dry autumn leaf in a firestorm as the dark Arkati's power sweeps through you.
- Midnight black flames, sparkling and shimmering like the darkest diamonds ever mined, rise from the ground in a wide circle around you. You feel the deadly heat, but your skin remains dry beneath it.
- Shimmering black flames lash out toward TARGET, encircling the TARGET in their deadly grasp.
- Your connection to Eorgina lessens, and the black flames instantly vanish, leaving you stranded and bereft of the presence of the Arkati's power.
- CASTER's lips twist in a cruel sneer as she straightens her back and glances around arrogantly. All light seems to dim, and the shadows cluster most densely around CASTER.
- Midnight black flames, sparkling and shimmering like the darkest diamonds ever mined, rise from the ground in a wide circle around CASTER. The fire is searingly hot, but CASTER seems oblivious to the heat.
- Shimmering black flames lash out toward TARGET, encircling the TARGET in their deadly grasp.
- Abruptly, the black flames around CASTER wink out, leaving not even a wisp of smoke behind.
- [Look Caster]
|Symbol of the Proselyte (340)
- [Cast] You rest your hand atop your HOLY SYMBOL. Heatless flames, crackling crimson and gold and orange, writhe between your fingers and across the surface of the HOLY SYMBOL.
- [Chant] You chant a reverent orison and lightly clasp your silver vaalin censer. A rush of divine power washes over you. Your censer pulses once and you feel the majesty of Eorgina driving you, like a wall of flames licking at your back.
- [1p] Crisp and commanding, the air around you takes on a bitter cold that cuts sharply at your spirit. Ruby red flames laced with silver suddenly appear upon your prone form and burn with a cold energy that does not scorch nor sear. The wind stirs into a vortex that steals the light of the flames, and you hear a sharp command demanding that you rise. Suddenly, the wind is gone.
- [3p] Crisp and commanding, the air takes on a cold, sharp edge to it that chills deep to the bone. Ruby red flames laced with silver suddenly appear upon the body of CLERIC and burn with a cold energy that does not scorch nor sear. The wind stirs into a vortex that blinds the senses and steals the light of the flames, while a sharp, wordless command is uttered from high above. Suddenly, the wind is gone.
|Aid the Fallen (1613)
- [1p] A pillar of dusky red radiance manifests around TARGET.
- [2p] This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
- [3p] CASTER's eyes glow with dusky red light, and a glimmering pillar of matching red radiance manifests around TARGET.
- You briefly close your eyes, and a darkened circlet haloes your head. A faint black light builds up and emanates from your hand before it takes the shape of an ethereal bejewelled sceptre!
- A curl of black flames unravel from the tip of the ethereal sceptre, striking TARGET!
- The ethereal bejewelled sceptre dissolves into a plume of grey smoke.
- This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
|Divine Incarnation (1650)
- [Cast 1p] This section has not been added yet; please add to it now!
- [Cast 3p]
- [Expiration 1p]
- [Expiration 3p]
- [Zeal 1p]
- [Zeal 3p]
- [Armor 1p]
- [Armor 3p]
- [Smite 1p]
- [Smite 3p]
- [Onslaught 1p]
- [Onslaught 3p]