The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
(Redirected from News)
Welcome to GemStone IV Wiki's News page, the place to be for all the latest and greatest information about GS.
Sunday, April 14, 2019
- A new quality of life update for player run shops was released this week. You can now ANALYZE the scripted items for sale in player shops!
- The return of the travelling Mobile Smithy providing Weighting, Padding, and Sighting services for silvers begins Monday, April 15th, sometime in the afternoon or evening. Its first appearance will be in The Ravelin near Ta'Vaalor, and the next planned stop after that will be in Ta'Illistim. Read PM Wyrom's forum post for more details.
- The 5th annual celebration of the Magic of Spring with Twilight Hall begins on Thursday, April 20th, with their Magic Mixer at 10 pm Eastern and continues through Saturday with raffles and other events.
Sunday, April 7, 2019
- April 7th, at 9 pm Eastern, a delegation from the Human Empire will be meeting with the Argent Mirror in the Shining City. All are welcomed to join the reception in the Ta'Illistim Keep to welcome the special envoy.
- PM Wyrom updates the Creating Adventure newsletter and Gemstone Staff List. Take a look at what's been accomplished this past year in Elanthia and what future plans will be unfolding.
- March premium contest winners have been announced and the April contest is underway. Type PREMIUM 5 in game to see the contest rules and requirements.
Sunday, March 31, 2019
- Earthen Fury (917) has been adjusted to reduce the critical damage of the first cycle when cast against players. Read GM Konacon's forum posting for more details.
- Premium subscribers are invited to a quarterly OOC meeting on Friday, April 5th, at 9pm Eastern. Join the team of Premium GameMasters for a discussion of the ongoing storyline and the status of Premium. Look for a portal dropped in Gardenia Commons shortly before the meeting begins.
- Testing has begun on a new feature for Player run shops. Read GM Naos forum posting for full details on the testing.
Sunday, March 24, 2019
- Sorcerers will now receive notification when they've reached their weekly necrotic energy cap for the week.
- Duplicity will be working on Peretta-style cloaks, gowns, and and skirts on Tuesday, March 26th, beginning at 9pm Eastern. New garments will NOT be sold, so bring your Peretta gear for her to work on.
- GM Galene is seeking experts in elven and human fashion to submit designs for evening formalwear. Read the details on how to participate in her forum posting.
Sunday, March 17, 2019
- Teras Isle residents and visitors (or just those curious about the future goings-on in the town) are invited to the Kharam Dzu OOC meeting on Monday, March 18th, beginning at 9pm Eastern. Just look for the portal west of the statue and bring your questions and suggestions!
- Premium teleportation jewelry messaging will be customized by Jebariah on Tuesday, March 19, at 5:30pm Eastern. Mist Harbor citizens will also have the option to ground their teleportation jewelry so that they always arrive in the same outdoor spot in Mist Harbor when they activate it.
- Curious about what to do after finally hitting level 100? Join the Mentors at Silverwood Manor for an out-of-character conversation about life after capping on Thursday, March 21, at 9pm Eastern.
Sunday, March 10, 2019
- The Mentors of Silverwood Manor will be hosting an open house on Monday, March 11 beginning at 9:00pm Eastern. This is a great opportunity for both newly returned and veteran adventurers to ask questions about Elanthia, find out about the Mentor program, and meet new friends. There will be food, drinks, and door prizes.
- Platinum subscribers are invited to attend a Siegery tournament at Begetting Besiegers on Tuesday, March 12 from 8:30pm – 10:30pm Eastern.
- You may have noticed a new treasure drop in your hunting loot! Small totem heads were introduced recently and aid with swimming.
Sunday, March 3, 2019
- With the advent of faster travel and varying Death Sting's penalties (for decaying vs. departing) the decay timer in The Rift has been updated to remove the doubled duration it previously had.
- Divine Fury has had an update to its lore benefit. Read the complete details in GM Estild's forum posting.
- The next chapter of the Isle of the Four Winds' storyline, The Nazhor Chronicles, starts today, March 3rd, at 4 p.m. EST. This is an ongoing storyline that will run weekly on Sundays beginning at 4 p.m. and on Thursdays beginning at 8:30 p.m. EST.
- The Faire of the North is coming to Icemule, beginning Thursday, March 7th at 9 p.m. Eastern. This event is open to all players and will feature shops, merchants, games, and raffles.
Sunday, February 24, 2019
- A treasure trove of information about Isle of the Four Winds has been discovered! Weekly updates will be made to the Isle of the Four Winds Lore page until all has been revealed.
- The deadline for submissions to the Storyline Art Contest is fast approaching. See GM Lydil's forum posting for complete details on entering and how to be sure if your submission was received.
- We're looking for elven and human inspired weapon designs. Check out GM Wraex's post on the official forums for the full details.
- Geltrude will return to Mist Harbor on Tuesday, February 26th at 5:30pm Eastern to practice her ink magic and artistry. Premium subscribers, come get your first (or fifth!) tattoo.
Sunday, February 17, 2019
- The mayoral race in Wehnimer's Landing has begun! See GM Kenstrom's forum announcement for all the details on throwing your hat in the ring.
- Apprentice Villicent will be unlocking portrait lockets in The Ivory Mask wagon in Mist Harbor on Sunday, February 24th at 7pm Eastern.
- The AI Crystal has seen a minor addition! It has been updated to now recognize and message when sighting is present on a bow.
Monday, February 11, 2019
- Duskruin returns this Friday, February 15th at 9 pm Eastern, and adventurers can explore the secrets of the Unearthed Temple. Type QUEST TRANSPORT DUSKRUIN to get there.
- We have a new Discord channel dedicated to all things GS wiki! Join us on the GemstoneIV Discord server and look for the wiki-talk channel.
- Premium subscribers! Did you know you can use a Sadie scroll to add a long+show alteration to an item? If your item has an existing long description or a show, and you want to add the other, it will cost 300 premium points. If you request both be added using a single Sadie scroll, it will be 600 premium points.
Sunday, February 3, 2019
- The rescheduled Cysaegir OOC meeting will be held on Monday, February 4th, at 9pm Eastern. Look for the portal in Linsandrych Common to enter the meeting.
- Solhaven hosts the Winternight's Festival beginning Wednesday, February 6th and culminating in the Snow Ball held by Cairnfang Manor on February 9th at 9pm Eastern. Check the calendar for all the details on each day's events.
- Mistresses Hepit and Tanki will be offering custom tattoo services in Mist Harbor on Saturday, February 9th, from 7:00 - 9:30pm Eastern.
Sunday, January 27th, 2019
- Locksmiths will no longer receive an experience penalty for using Disarm Enhancement or Lockpick Enhancement when picking or popping open boxes.
- Alchemy jars have received a quality of life update. MEASURE now reports the maximum quantity the jar can hold, while LOOK IN gives information on how many items it currently has in it.
- GM Lydil announces the Storyline Art Contest of 2019. Players can submit real world artwork related to storylines in Gemstone IV. Submissions will be accepted until Thursday, February 28th.
Sunday, January 20th, 2019
- More OOC meetings! Premium subscribers are invited to attend the Mist Harbor/Premium OOC meeting with the Premium Team on Friday, January 25th at 8:30pm Eastern. Icemule citizens and visitors are welcome to attend the Icemule OOC meeting with GM Necios on Saturday, January 26th beginning at 9:30 pm Eastern.
- GM Retser gives an update on the status of the Player Shops update. Read his announcement [here] for all the details.
- The Seneschal of Ta'Illistim Keep announces an audience with the Queen will be held on Saturday, January 26th at 9pm Eastern. Be sure to read up on court protocol if you plan on attending.
Sunday, January 13th, 2019
- Dark Elves will be the topic of their own OOC meeting with GM Valyrka, beginning at 9pm Eastern on Thursday, January 17th. Portals will be placed outside Moot Hall in Wehnimer's Landing and outside the Dark Elf Embassy in Ta'Illistim. All things Faendryl will be discussed, and questions are welcomed.
- The Cysaegir OOC meeting is scheduled for Saturday, January 19th, starting at 9pm Eastern. Everyone is welcome to attend and learn what future plans are in store for the town or to ask your Cysaegir-related questions.
- GM Ixix expands the arrival of mini-bosses and packs to include new creatures and areas. Read the details in his forum posting. Sounds like it might be time to stock up on deeds!
- The GLANCE verb has had some bugs squashed with it and you can now preview the various glance styles usable using VERB INFO GLANCE.
Sunday, January 6th, 2019
- On Monday, January 7th, Tracker Zendrian will be holding a raffle for Premium subscribers at 12pm Eastern. This raffle is only open to rangers able to summon an Animal Companion and the winner will have their animal companion groomed.
- GM Valyrka has announced an OOC meeting to chat about all things Ta'Illistim. Bring your questions and feedback to the Ta'Illistim Green on Saturday, January 12th, at 9pm Eastern.
- Vaalorian citizens and visitors alike are welcome to attend the Ta'Vaalor OOC meeting to discuss the current affairs and future of Ta'Vaalor. Look for a portal in King's Court just before 7pm Eastern on Sunday, January 13th.
Sunday, December 30th, 2018
- The end of the year is here and with it comes the annual New Year's Eve GameMaster Open House. Shimmering ladders will be located in each town (in both Prime and Platinum) beginning around 6 pm Eastern on Monday, December 31st.
- From now until January 2nd, you can recharge your enhancives at your local Adventurer's Guild and pay silvers instead of bounty points. Don't forget to recharge those badges!
Sunday, December 23rd, 2018
- All of Duskruin will remain open until Wednesday, December 25th, at 11:59pm Eastern, but sales of booklets in the SimuStore will end tonight, December 23rd, at 11:55pm Eastern!
- The Thrakmas season is upon us and it seems GM Ixix has a shiny new gift for the creatures of Elanthia. Read the details in his forum posting.
- Paladins also have a reason to celebrate, as Higher Vision gets its cap raised from a maximum +20 DS to a new cap of +55.
- The Mayor and the Advisory Council of Icemule Trace are inviting everyone to the grand opening of the Clovertooth Hall expansion on Saturday, December 29th at 10pm Eastern. The recently renovated and expanded second floor will feature new amenities for the town, and a couple of raffles will be drawn to mark the occasion.
Sunday, December 16th, 2018
- Winter wagons are open in Mist Harbor! Stop by The Ivory Mask and The Twisted Vine and check out this year's new inventory. Keep an eye on the calendar for merchants dropping by to customize the wares inside.
- Duskruin is open, with some new shops and old favorites to explore in Bloodriven Village, including The Sable Quietus, where you can buy one of the brand new plague masks.
- Lord Clessar will be in Ta'Illistim's Hanging Gardens on Monday, December 17th at 9pm to customize your favorite masks! It's the perfect time to get yours made to fit the metallic theme of the upcoming Silver and Gold Wintertide Celebration hosted by The Argent Mirror to mark the solstice on December 21st at 9pm Eastern.
Sunday, December 9th, 2018
- Duskruin begins on December 14th at 9pm Eastern and the Town Crier team has put together an article compiling all the teasers and news so far.
- The recent events in Mist Harbor for the "Those Aren't Tears" storyline get recapped by GM Quilic. This is an ongoing storyline so catch up and join in!
- Next Sunday, December 16th, at 6:30 pm Eastern, Helden Hall will be hosting their monthly tour. The tour of the Hall will be followed by a Tourney Brawl for those that wish to participate or just cheer from the sidelines.
- GM Vanah has made a small fix to the zesty petticoats that were sold at this year's Ebon Gate and other events.
Sunday, December 2nd, 2018
- Join the Cooperative Houses of Elanthia for the annual Solstice CHE tree decorating ceremony on Tuesday, December 4th at 10:30pm Eastern at Ebonstone Manor.
- The Winterfest celebrations begin on Thursday, December 6th at 10:00pm Eastern in Icemule Trace with the crowning of this year's Frost King and Queen.
- The Legends Bar at Hearthstone Manor recently saw the addition of goblets for the first Legendary monks in Elanthia, Vultieri in Prime, and Shiun in Platinum!
Sunday, November 25th, 2018
- Wiki moderator applications are still open until Thursday, November 29th. Details on what moderating entails and what we're looking for can be found here.
- Weighting, padding, and sighting services will be offered to anyone lucky enough to be spun by the merchant Culd in Wehnimer's Landing on Tuesday, November 27th at 9:30pm Eastern. Ta'Illistim citizens will also be visited by Yriwyn on Friday, November 30th at 9:00pm Eastern.
- The Icemule Historical Society collects the histories of Elanthian adventurers. Stop by and fill out their questionnaire and leave your mark on the record books!
Sunday, November 18th, 2018
- We're in search of wiki moderators! Read GM Kaikala's forum posting for more details on applying.
- Clerics have a new spell! You can read all about Ethereal Censer here.
- Xerria will be visiting the Merchant Lounge in Mist Harbor on Wednesday, November 21st at 9pm Eastern to unlock items for premium subscribers.
Sunday, November 11th, 2018
- DARTS! House Aspis will be hosting a Harvestide Darts Night on Saturday. November 17th.
- Thinking about proposing to that special someone? Schedule your Cathedral Wedding for an extra memorable day!
- Twilight Hall is celebrating their 22nd anniversary with a weeklong celebration in Wehnimer's Landing, beginning Monday, November 12th.
Sunday, November 4th, 2018
- Thanks to the tireless research of Lady Rhappellie and the participants in the Bardic College Symposium, a new feature of loresinging has been uncovered! Bards can now temporarily or permanently unlock the ability to RECALL the loresong of an item. Read more of the details in GM Estild's saved forum post.
- Platinum players can attend the Platinum OOC meeting on Saturday, November 10th at 2pm Eastern to discuss the state of Platinum and what you'd like to see in 2019.
- Adventurers under level 30 can attend the Argent Aspis Bounty Help event on Monday, November 5th. Meet outside the gates of House Aspis in Wehnimer's Landing at 8pm Eastern for aid completing your Adventurer's Guild bounties.
Sunday, October 28th, 2018
- Lady Rhappellie has put out a call for bard performers for her Bardic Showcase happening on Saturday, November 3.
- Cobblers were excited at Ebon Gate to see the release of a new cobbling punch for sandals! Grab yours before the event ends on Wednesday, October 31st.
- Signet rings and sealing waxes have gotten a minor quality of life update! You can now use ANALYZE to see how much wax you have left and what verbs you can use on your rings.
Sunday, October 21st, 2018
- As the Ebon Gate festivities continue, don't forget to use the MARK and REGISTER verbs to protect your prize wins, new alterations, and other valuables!
- The October Premium Contest for premium subscribers is under way. Check out GM Zoelle's forum posting for this month's contest details or type PREMIUM 6 in game.
- Bone Shaman Clothing was first unveiled this month in Ulda's Flesh and Bones shop at Ebon Gate. Have you seen anyone in this osseous attire rattling around yet?
Sunday, October 14th, 2018
- GHOUL returns to Caligos Isle beginning October 14th in Platinum and October 17th in Prime. Type FESTIVAL 7 in game to see the complete schedule.
- A long-awaited Nalfein divination tool, the Black Rose Deck, made its debut as one of the game prizes at Ebon Gate!
- Have you met Ambie and her sweet fishies yet? If you find her on Caligos Isle this month, she'll trade you some seashells for your very own feisty, finny friend.
Sunday, October 7th, 2018
- Ebon Gate continues! The schedule is posted, shops are opened, cliff divers are competing in the Diving Competition and players are earning seashells at the games! Live games continue until October 8th in Platinum and begin in Prime on October 13th.
- The Gift of Eonak Login Reward has been updated to now help rogues when creating locks and lockpicks via Lock Mastery.
- If you bought some new jewelry this week at A Piercing Scream on Caligos Isle, a new wiki article was created to explain the ins and outs of piercing. This article is a work in progress, so please feel free to contribute!
Sunday, September 30th, 2018
- Are you ready for Ebon Gate? Visit Caligos Isle beginning on October 1st when shopping opens and the storyline commences. Starting October 5th and continuing through the end of the month, you can play automated games, spend some time fishing, or go Deep Sea Diving for sunken treasure.
- The PERM-ifier will be returning this year to Caligos Isle. What precious things do you want to keep forever?
- This year's Ebon Gate festival will also see the premiere of custom flare messaging.
- Collectible treasures have been found in boxes since July, have you completed any achievements yet?
Sunday, September 23rd, 2018
- The POLICY verb in game has been updated to add the POLICY REVIEW command and policies 3 and 20 have been updated.
- On Monday, September 24th, Merchant Culd of the Talent will be offering weighting, padding, and sighting services at 9pm in Icemule Trace.
- Also on September 24th, the Mentors will be hosting a discussion at Silverwood Manor at 10pm on the ins and outs of Ranger animal companions.
Sunday, September 16th, 2018
- Monks now have a new spell in their arsenal, Telekinesis!
- Beginning Friday, September 21st, the Carnival of Freaks will be visiting the outskirts of Wehnimer's Landing, bringing their own unique brand of entertainment.
- Paladins have had a few recent spell changes. Rejuvenation now has an evoke option, Aid the Fallen now allows dead paladins with enough Summoning Lore to choose their teleportation targets, and the spell infusion aspects of Sanctify have been improved.
Sunday, September 9th, 2018
- Every Wednesday night is Guild Night! Double the guild points for tasks turned in.
- Beginning September 21st, the Carnival of Freaks will be parked somewhere near Wehnimer's Landing for a weekend visit.
- Frontier Days continues in Wehnimer's Landing until September 15th.
- Grab a baton and steal those pennants! All are welcome to join in on this month's rounds of Pennant Chase, happening at 4pm Eastern on September 9th in Prime and September 23rd in Platinum.
Monday, September 3rd, 2018
- The Carnival of Freaks is set to arrive in Elanthia the weekend of September 21st.
- Join the Argent Mirror for a fundraiser planning session in Ta'Illistim on Thursday, September 6th at 9pm Eastern.
- The 13th annual Frontier Days celebration is coming to Wehnimer's Landing from September 7th to the 15th.
Sunday, June 3rd, 2018
- A Midsummer Night's Festival will be back in July on on the Isle of Four Winds.
Saturday, June 2nd, 2018
- Festival of Lumnea returns June 7th in Prime and June 14th in Platinum.
Friday, June 1st, 2018
- Duskruin is coming June 15th.
Thursday, May 31st, 2018
- Delayed services have wrapped up for the Commencement of Coraesine Forest.
Friday, October 13, 2017
- Forging has been revamped to display the official Forging Guide and includes new information from GM Mikos. If you're a forger, we need your help with messaging.
Saturday, September 9, 2017
Sunday, August 27, 2017
- GSWiki introduces player research pages that anyone can make to show their number crunching. All page titles should start with "Research:". For more information, see the Style Guide.
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- GSWiki reminds everyone that their 20th Anniversary on the Web Giftbox item opportunity expires on August 31.
Thursday, August 10, 2017
- The shop listing for Frontier Days 2017 could use some help with details. The festival is open until August 12 for everyone.
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
- The shop listing for A Midsummer Night's Festival 2017 is substantially complete. The festival is open until the evening of June 21 for Premium subscribers only.
Saturday, June 17, 2017
- Follow the Playershop updates on GSWiki. The quarterly Lumnis contest is also happening through July 1 @1am ET.
Friday, June 2, 2017
- GSWiki has all the latest on the Kharam Dzu 120th Anniversary Celebration.
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
- Chaddeaux created an LM SENSE map of the Landing and uploaded it to GSWiki.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- The character profile template has been updated with easy to use instructions. Character profiles are a great way to start learning how to Wiki.
Friday, February 10th, 2017
- Welcome new player referrals from The Professor! Please check out our new player information and visit the Order of Lorekeepers (the Mentors) in game.
Wednesday, April 5th, 2017
- The problems affecting the Vector skin (default display format), server 500 error, and other GSWiki issues have been fixed and the fixes appear to be stable. If you changed your skin, it is safe to change it back.
Sunday, March 12th, 2017
- Technical issues have been noted and sent on to GMs and Simu HQ for fixing. Please be patient while this is being investigated.
Thursday, January 5th, 2017
- Creating Adventure is back with a Year in Review listing and a new Spotlight on Staff.
Saturday, December 31st, 2016
- Experience pages have been updated for the major changes and organized in the new Experience category.
Saturday, December 16th, 2016
- The inventory for Feast of the Immortals festival 2016 has been posted.
Tuesday, October 11th, 2016
- The remaining mechanics pages have been re-categorized into Area Mechanics, Character Mechanics, and Item Mechanics. All can be found in the Mechanics category. A request to change the left sidebar has been made.
Thursday, October 6th, 2016
- Where are all the combat mechanics? They're in the new Combat Mechanics category. Editors are working on other, more comprehensive, key categories so that information will be easier to find. At the same time, we are trying to condense and merge pages to eliminate conflicting and redundant information.
Monday, September 12th, 2016
- Starting today, we will be posting recent additions to GSWiki. Recent project completions include new creature templates and corresponding instructions for using them, and a template and instructions for storyline NPC pages.
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Thursday, February 4th, 2016
Thursday, December 31st, 2015
Monday, June 1st, 2015
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015
- Our search function should now be indexing the content of our wiki properly! GS4-WYROM (talk) 20:33, 18 February 2015 (CST)
Friday, January 23rd, 2015
- Be sure to check out our new Creating Adventure piece! GS4-WYROM (talk) 08:55, 23 January 2015 (CST)
Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
- Welcome to the new GemStone IV Wiki, home of the Krakiipedia. GS4-WYROM (talk) 12:41, 3 January 2015 (CST)