The official GemStone IV encyclopedia.
(Redirected from News)
Welcome to GemStone IV Wiki's News page, the place to be for all the latest and greatest information about GS.
Monday, June 1, 2020
- Mist Harbor visitors may notice the Monsoon Jungle area has some new residents. Proceed with caution!
- Armor Specializations for puncture/slash/crush protection have been updated to now be applicable to cloth armors.
- Icemule citizens and visitors alike are welcomed to GM Auchand's OOC meeting to discuss the future of Icemule, to be held Thursday, 6/4/20 at 10 pm Eastern.
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- PM Wyrom announces the final #PlayApartTogether perks, with a silvers auction in Prime and a hefty experience boost. See full details in his forum posting.
- The formula used to calculate Mana has been updated, to scale faster at lower Harness Power ranks and then taper off to current values at 100 ranks. The new formula is Starting Mana + Harness Power Ranks (capped at level) + Harness Power Skill Bonus.
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
- The fourth and final GIFTBOX has arrived. Be sure to claim yours before they're gone!
Monday, May 18, 2020
- If you currently have a weapon, shield, or armor that is resistant to magic, you may ASSIST to ask to speak to a GameMaster to have the item reviewed to have the magic resistance removed. This does not apply to items made of materials like veil iron that are naturally resistant to magic.
- Beginning today, May 18th, and ending May 24th, a troll flower girl will begin exploring Elanthia, with new daily quests for adventurers to complete. See PM Wyrom's forum posting for more details.
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
- The much anticipated changes to Archery have been released for beta testing in Platinum and will be headed to Prime and Shattered at the conclusion of the beta phase. See GM Naijin's forum posting for details on the changes.
Monday, April 27, 2020
- Fans of Spirit Beasts are invited to join the Gemstone IV test server to help test out the revamped Spirit Beast system. See GM Auchand's forum posting for full details.
- The second April GIFTBOX has arrived. Be sure to claim yours before they're gone!
Monday, April 20, 2020
- Rings of Lumnis has returned and will be there for your puzzling enjoyment from now until April 30th.
Monday, April 13, 2020
- Role-playing month sees the addition of a new verb to add to your repertoire. LOWER lets you lower your eyes, palms, gaze, wave, and hand. Try them all!
- The first of four GIFTBOXES is now live and includes a paddle ball toy. Make sure to claim yours before Wednesday, April 22nd when the next GIFTBOX is released.
Monday, April 6, 2020
- #PlayApartTogether continues, with the mobile WPS smithy still making weekend visits around Elanthia, Feeder Frenzy Fridays, upcoming weekly giftboxes, and a 15% boost to experience.
- We are spotlighting Roleplaying in Elanthia all month, with a contest and an update to the ROLEPLAY NOMINATE command so you are notified when your fellow adventurers recognize your roleplaying excellence.
Monday, March 30, 2020
- Trouble staying warm on the freezing slopes of Mount Aenatumgana? A new Campfire system has rolled out to help you battle the harsh elements in Elanthia's coldest spots.
- Wehnimer's Landing has concluded its annual Mayoral race, with Candidate Leafiara being chosen to as this year's Mayor. Congratulations!
Friday, March 20, 2020
- Briarmoon Cove 2020 has been postponed. Read PM Wyrom's full announcement post on our official forums and get details on the upcoming appearances of the WPS smithy, Delirium Manor, and the Albatross as well as Feeder Frenzy Fridays, and a temporary boost to experience for all players.
Monday, March 16, 2020
- Night At The Academy has received a minor tweak. Creatures inside will no longer cast Implosion, instead opting for Grasp of the Grave.
- Locksmith pools are opening all over Elanthia, with locations now in Mist Harbor, River's Rest, Cysaegir, Ta'Vaalor, and Ta'Illistim where you can drop off your treasure boxes and return later to collect the opened ones.
- SimuCon 2020 dates and location have been announced. The Westport Chalet in St. Louis, MO will be host to the event from August 6th to August 9th.
Monday, March 9, 2020
- The Wehnimer's Landing Mayoral Race is in full swing. Visit the pages of Candidate Xorus, Candidate Faerinn, and Candidate Leafiara to find out their platforms and decide your vote!
- The Locksmith pool has been rolled out to Wehnimer's Landing with other major cities soon to follow. Visit the East Tower with your boxes to try out this innovative new way to connect locksmiths with their customers.
Monday, March 2, 2020
- There is still another week to get your application in for a Wiki Moderator position. Read what is required of moderators and find a link to the application at the official forums.
- PM Wyrom has posted the latest edition of Creating Adventure. Catch up on what's new and what's in the future of Gemstone IV!
Monday, February 24, 2020
- We are looking for Wiki Moderators! If you have an interest in helping out with the Gemstone IV Wiki by serving as a moderator, click here for a link to the announcement and application.
- Bloodriven Village remains open for smithy access (if you have an invitation) and shopping until Tuesday, February 25th at noon Eastern. Don't forget to get your last minute purchasing done!
- Self-knowledge scrolls have been updated and no longer have the duration of the buff spells cast from them limited beyond the usual 15,000 second spell buff cap.
Monday, February 10, 2020
- Wizards' Mage Armor fire aspect has been changed. It now gives the mage a standard fire flare against a target when they attack or cast, and with fifty ranks of fire lore adds a chance for a second flare if the first was triggered.
- Quests have had their experience rewards reviewed and updated. This includes Night at the Academy, Troubled Waters, Black Swan Castle, and Reim.
- Citizens of Wehnimer's Landing should brace themselves for the start of this year's mayoral race. See GM Kenstrom's forum posting for the full schedule and details for throwing your hat in the ring.
Monday, February 3, 2020
- With Duskruin starting soon, details are starting to surface for new changes to the Arena, including bonus bloodscrip for team matches, the removal of hazards, and some other adjustments. See the forums for the specifics on all of the new tweaks.
- On Wednesday, February 5th, there will be a raffle drawing for Premium subscribers in Mist Harbor for 250 Duskruin vouchers. It will draw on Wednesday at 11pm Eastern and winners will need to be in game and available at the time of drawing to collect their prize.
Monday, January 27, 2020
- Duskruin teasers are being released on the forums so you can check out some of the new things you'll soon be able to purchase there!
- Vilana's raffle for Bards will draw on Wednesday, January 29th and the lucky winner will be able to customize either their Sonic Armor, Sonic weapon, Singing Sword or Sonic Shield.
Monday, January 20, 2020
- Unlocking! PM Wyrom announces that unlocks for Whisper cloaks, Nalfein Black Rose Decks, and Stuffimals will be available in the SimuCoin store for a pilot two week test run.
- Troubled Waters has been released for the Quest nexus. Slaughter Krolvin and earn yourself some blackscrip to spend on prizes!
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
- Xerria has posted her unlocking lists for 2020. Premium subscribers should check out her forum posting for details on exactly which items she can unlock for you at her monthly sessions.
- GM Konacon has added more creatures and abilities to the SMRv2 conversions. Dogs, constructs, hierophants, abyran'ra, animate dead explosion, vines/plants, vathor, necleriine, kiramon, huge mein golems, worms, roa'ters, rift crawlers, chimeras, decaying citadel guardsmen, Force Projection (1207), and patchwork flesh monstrosities have all been moved to SMRv2.
Tuesday, January 7, 2020
- Pennant Chase returns to Gemstone Prime on Sunday, January 12, at 4 p.m. Eastern. Bring a friend and join in on the fun and prizes!
- Enjoy ambushing from the shadows? Hidden ambushers should try out the new verb released recently, WAYLAY. It's similar to ambush, but adds bonus damage weighting to your attacks instead of critical weighting. For more details, read GM Estild's forum posting announcement.
Monday, December 30, 2019
- The Adventurer's Guild recharging for silvers event has begun! From now until January 5th, you can use silvers at your local guild to recharge your enhancives instead of bounty points.
- Join your favorite GMs for New Year's Eve's annual GM open house. Look for shimmering golden ladders to the crossroads in each town, appearing around 6 p.m. EST on December 31st.
Sunday, December 22, 2019
- The Argent Mirror of Ta'Illistim is seeking new handmaidens. See GM Valyrka's forum posting for details if you'd like to apply. This year there is a spot open for a fostered handmaiden from a non-Illistim house.
- The December Premium contest has been announced. Read the post for details on this month's contest here or type PREMIUM 5 in game for details.
Monday, December 16, 2019
- Couldn't make it to the Wehnimer's Landing OOC meeting to see the what's coming up for our favorite frontier town? Read the event log here on the wiki to catch up.
- Join House Illistim and the Argent Mirror for the metallic-themed second Silver and Gold Wintertide Celebration on Friday, December 20, at 9pm Eastern. Wear your sparkliest formal wear!
Monday, December 9, 2019
- GM Kenstrom is looking for feedback after the conclusion of his latest storyline, Witchful Thinking. Add yours to his forum posting.
- Join many of the Cooperative Houses of Elanthia this weekend to celebrate the solstice at Winterfest, beginning with the crowning of the Frost King and Queen on Thursday, December 12th.
Monday, December 2, 2019
- Citizens of Ta'Illistim and Cysaegir are both being visited by merchant Yriwyn for weighting, padding, and sighting addiing services next week on December 8th and 9th. See the Gemstone IV Calendar for location and times for both.
- PM Wyrom announces the Cyber Monday (and beyond) sale, with deep discounts on many items in the Simucoin store. Read his forum posting for more details.
Monday, November 25, 2019
- Enchanting wizards can now use the Sense verb to check on the status of their static essence. See GM Naos' forum postingfor full messaging details.
- Instrument cases recently sold at Ebon Gate have been updated to hold the newest types of instruments!
- Platinum players can join Leiana in a lively game of Siegery on Saturday, November 30, beginning at 9:00 pm Eastern in Begetting Besiegers in Wehnimer's Landing.
Monday, November 18, 2019
- GM Naos announces more changes to Enchanting and how wizards generate essence. You can read all of the specifics in his forum post.
- Cobblers can meet with Lady Airisu on Wednesday, November 20th at 7pm Eastern in Mist Harbor where she will be altering cobbling materials, customizing plate box settings, and adding custom hallmarks to cobbling punches.
- Ta'Illistim citizens who own a player run shop will want to find Architect Istave at the Ta'Illistim Green on Saturday, November 23rd at 9:00 pm Eastern where he will spin for 5 lucky shop owners to customize one thing about their shop.
Monday, November 4, 2019
- Join the Order of the Azure Sun on Thursday, November 7th at 9pm Eastern, for their weekly muster to train in the drilling yard at their fortress of Sunholm Keep, located in the Cairnfang Forest outside of Solhaven.
- Bards can now use HUM NORMAL and WHISTLE SET NORMAL to use them like non-bards always have. Type HUM HELP or WHISTLE HELP in game for usage.
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
- Ebon Gate 2019 wraps up on Thursday, October 31 at 11:59 pm Eastern. But before that, PM Wyrom will be hosting a jackpot treasure pull on Wednesday, October 30 around 9pm Eastern for 100,000 or 300,000 seashells. And a reminder, the last day to get something from the SimuCoin Store is October 30, by 11:55pm Eastern. Be sure to use what you wish before the event closes because if you are still digging, gaming, or diving at the end of the event, you will get pulled away before you can finish. Please plan accordingly!
- Were you one of the few to get your hands on Sister Ruminata's Forbidden Books or did you win a Necrotic ring in the Arena of the Abyss? What last minute EG shopping purchases do you still need to make?
- GM Vanah has made some QOL updates to some items recently! You can now bundle your matchbooks, and alchemy jars will now properly pluralize some ingredients that were a little off before.
Monday, October 21, 2019
- Everyone's favourite potentially-lethal Ebon Gate game, GHOUL, is scheduled for a few more sessions this week! Type FESTIVAL 7 in both Prime and Platinum for the schedule.
- What new things have you bought in the shops on Caligos Isle this year? Were you lucky enough to get one of the new WerePuppies? Have you tried out one of the folding chairs from On the Throne or are you stocking up on oldies but goodies like signet rings or the amazing perfumes from B. Witching??
Monday, October 14, 2019
- The festivities continue on Caligos Isle with the newly opened Arena of the Abyss, Live Games in Prime, and merchant week happening in Platinum. Type FESTIVAL in game for the schedule. Merchant week will begin in Prime on Friday, October 14 at 9pm Eastern.
- Frontier Days is just around the corner and GM Kenstrom has posted looking for CHEs or MHOs who would like to participate.
Monday, October 7, 2019
- Ebon Gate continues this week on Caligos Isle with Live Games in Platinum and shops opening today at 9pm Eastern in all games.
- Mini-games at Caligos Isle begin on Thursday, October 10, at 9pm Eastern. There will be fishing, Deep Sea Diving, the Diving Competition, and more. Type FESTIVAL 3 or FESTIVAL 4 while in game for more information.
Monday, September 30, 2019
- Many critters were updated recently to SMRv2. Read GM Konacon's forum posting for the list of which were converted.
- We bid farewell to the Lumnis contest after 10 runs. The new, permanent Gift of Lumnis experience boost will multiply your first 7300 experience points by 3, and your next 7300 experience points by 2, for a total bonus of 21900.
Sunday, September 22, 2019
- We are looking for GameHosts! Read GM Skhorne's forum posting for all the specifics on applying and what being a GameHost entails.
- Interested in learning more about the wood of Elanthia? Join the Mentors at Silverwood Manor on Saturday, September 28th at 4 pm Eastern for a chat about the various properties and lore of several of our magical woods.
- This week on Teras Isle, join the merchant Grawlix as he offers WPS services beginning at 8 pm Eastern. If he finishes early other services may be offered, so bring your alteration wish list and items to be deepened and lightened, too.
Sunday, September 15, 2019
- The potion trader arrives! Wizards can visit the workshop of their local Wizard Guild and find the nervous apprentice who will trade your old enchanting potions for new potions. If your potion had been infused with mana, you will also receive a swirling essence potion that you can drink to instantly absorb some essence.
- Shield Maneuvers have been updated and will now hit kneeling and prone targets at a penalty, instead of being prevented entirely.
Sunday, September 8, 2019
- GM Quilic is rolling out the finale to the Nazhor Chronicles this month, with the next two sessions happening on Sunday, September 15 and Sunday, September 22. Check out his forum post for all the details.
- The Mentors welcome you to Silverwood Manor for an open house on Monday, September 9 at 9pm Eastern. Bring all your questions and enjoy the food, drink, door prizes, and great company!
Sunday, September 1, 2019
- Join the merchant Ravias Crotar on Monday, September 2nd, at 10pm EST in Gardenia Commons on Four Winds Isle. Ravias will be raffling off a symbol of Sheru.
- The mobile smithy returns! It will be parked on Four Winds Isle until late Monday, September 2nd, and the entry fee will be 100,000 silvers.
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
- Windfellow's Retreat continues for Premium subscribers until Friday at 9 p.m. EST. Join the gargoyles of the keep as they attempt to find their beloved Dread Lord a match worthy of his magnificence!
- Xerria will be making two visits this week for her monthly unlocks for premium players. Join her Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. EST for her regular unlocking session and on Thursday at 5:30 p.m. EST for her Really Rare Raffle unlocks.
- Join Tracker Zendrian for a raffle for ranger animal companion grooming on Wednesday. Raffle tickets are being sold just outside the West Gate of Wehnimer's Landing.
Sunday, August 18, 2019
- This year's Premium festival begins, Friday, August 23rd at 9 PM Eastern. Join the gargoyles of Windfellow's Retreat for a week of raffles, merchants, and services!
- A new Combat Maneuver debuts as short ambushers of Elanthia cheer. Read all the details of Acrobat's Leap.
- In case you missed it: Catch up on this year's semifinal performances at Bardfest 5119 before you attend the finals on Thursday, August 22nd beginning at 10 PM Eastern.
Sunday, August 11, 2019
- Sale! For the duration of Duskruin, Fixstat potions, Fixskill potions, Encumbrance potions, and Spellup Pills are all on sale in the Simucoin Store.
- Bloodrune holders make their debut at Duskruin. Read PM Wyrom's forum posting for all the details on how you can get one and what they do.
Sunday, August 4, 2019
- The return of Duskruin heralds the return of the Treasure Trove (version 2.0). Read all the details on how the new Trove will work in GM Haliste's forum posting.
- The DEPOSIT verb got a small update. You can now type DEPOSIT SILVER to only deposit the silvers on you and keep any bank notes from being deposited.
- The item loss system saw some sweeping changes this week, with the addition of the ability to RECOVER your disarmed or stolen items.
Sunday, July 28, 2019
- Duskruin returns soon! The opening date has been announced as Friday, August 9th and it will run for at least 14 days. Are you ready to take on the Arena?
- More updates from GM Naijin for unarmed combat system users! Stance of the Mongoose, Shield Strike, Shield Pin, and Silent Strike have all been updated to work with unarmed combat.
Sunday, July 21, 2019
- Unarmed combat warriors got a new toy as Berserk has been updated and is now usable with UCS attacks.
- MSTRIKE has also received an update and you can now set a default attack type. Use MSTRIKE SET DEFAULT <type> where type is ATTACK, JAB, PUNCH, GRAPPLE, or KICK.
- Purchasers of scrip pouches, ticket pouches, and seashell buckets can now take their empty ones and TURN or TEAR them to destroy the item and receive a refund of the purchase price or, if it was a game prize, a refund of 100 general tickets.
Sunday, July 14, 2019
- The Faendryl Enclave is hosting Faendryl Symposium 2019. Join them for a weekend celebration of the history, culture, and art of the Faendryl. Check the Gemstone IV Calendar for more information and a link to the full schedule.
- The July premium contest has been announced, Fireplace Fanatics. Type PREMIUM 5 in game to see full details on this month's contest.
Sunday, July 7, 2019
- GM Ixix makes some changes to the boss and pack creatures you've been fighting, adding the ability to assess them for hints to their boons, a long-term experience reward for defeating pack, miniboss, and boss creatures, and some other minor updates.
- Metalsmith Smiffy will be making an appearance on Tuesday, July 9th at 8:30pm Eastern to add or remove spikes from your armor and armor accessories.
Sunday, June 30, 2019
- Tonight, June 30th, at 11pm Eastern, full and partial citizens of Ta'Vaalor can join Zelarik in the Wyvern Keep Meeting Hall as he spins for customers to add Weighting. Padding, and Sighting services to their armor and weapons.
- The 24th annual Bardfest is looming and members of Argent Aspis invite you to join them on Friday, July 5th, at 9pm Eastern for Roar Into Bardfest, an event featuring creative games and challenges to help get you in the Bardfest mood.
- Premium subscribers can enter merchant Ravias' raffle on Monday, July 1st, for a fireworks press. The raffle draws at 10pm Eastern so be sure to purchase your ticket soon!
Monday, June 24, 2019
- Valley of Gold has ended but you can read all of the official lore documents that were released here at the wiki. There are new articles on wyverns, Human Ales: A Tasting Guide to Turamzzyrian Ales, the History of Elementals and Elven Wine Pairings.
- Also released at Valley of Gold were two rare new materials. Read all the details about the new gem, Bleakstone and the new wood, Lasimor.
- Don't forget, Wednesday nights are Guild nights! Double your training points on guild tasks completed between 5pm and Midnight Eastern.
Sunday, June 16, 2019
- The Argent Mirror and Emperor Aurmont Anodheles will be meeting to discuss further cooperation between their nations in the Valley of Gold and all are welcome to observe as they sign a historic treaty. The festival runs from June 20th through the 23rd to celebrate the occasion with a cultural exchange between the two nations including shopping, history, discussions, and more.
- Elves planning on attending Valley of Gold are invited to visit with Lord Clessar as he sews, on Monday, June 17th, beginning at 9pm Eastern in Galieca's Teas and Coffees in Ta'Illistim.
Sunday, June 9, 2019
- This year's Premium festival has been announced! Join the Dread Lord at Windfellow's Retreat from August 23rd to August 30th.
- Rumor Woods continues for another week until Sunday, June 16th. Have you gotten all of your horse and KnightWear shopping done and tested your mettle in the joust or the fox hunt?
Sunday, June 2, 2019
- Rumor Woods is open, with jousting, fox hunting, and of course shopping with all new items for you and your horse! Type QUEST TRANSPORT RUMOR in game to be instantly transported to the grounds.
- Summit Academy is also available at the Rumor Woods event. You can customize your character with signature verbs, feature alterations, spell prep customizations, and more. Find the tokens to purchase your customizations at the What Remains shop on the Rumor Woods grounds.
Sunday, May 24, 2019
- Simucon 2019 will be Wednesday, July 10 through Sunday, July 14, 2019. Come see old friends or make new ones!
- Platinum players are invited to join Anto and Eyre on another "See Elanthia!" world tour event. Meet up at Veythorne Manor on Monday, May 27 at 8:30pm Eastern.
- The Mentors will be hosting a Paladin Meet and Greet event on Thursday, May 30th, at 7:00 pm Eastern, to answer all of your questions about paladins and how to train them.
- Order of the Shadow is hosting "Wehnimer's Landing, A Retrospective" on the Hearthstone porch steps with a panel of Wehnimer's Landing veterans offering their insights on the past. present, and future of the Landing. The event begins at 11:00 pm Eastern, on Friday, May 31st.
Sunday, May 17, 2019
- Speech tones and verbiage both saw some recent new additions to make your roleplaying even more nuanced.
- Join White Haven on Monday, May 20th and Tuesday, May 21st for a two day celebration in honor of Oleani, with raffles, a rose exchange, and the Love Blooms Dance. More details and schedule on the [Gemstone IV calendar].
- Ever wanted to try out cobbling your own fancy shoes? Join the Mentors at Silverwood Manor on Thursday, May 23rd at 11 pm for a seminar and live demonstration.
Sunday, May 12, 2019
- April Premium contest winners have been announced, and the May contest rules have been posted! Type PREMIUM 5 in game to see this month's contest details.
- GM Lydil reminds applicants for the Chantry College research grants that they need to have their entries submitted by May 20. See his forum post for full submission information.
- The Spring Spectacular releases have concluded, bringing lots of updates to clerics, wizards, empaths and more. See a full list of the releases in the Spring Spectacular article here on the Wiki.
Sunday, May 5, 2019
- Clerics saw more updates this week, with changes to Miracle (350) and Divine Wrath (335) and the addition of Condemn (309).
- Two new flags were added for players to help protect valuables from accidental drops. See GM Naos' forum posting for full details.
- The TICKET verb has some QOL additions, you can now type TICKET in game to check your current balances of all alternative currencies, withdraw an amount of currency, or deposit some of your hard earned scrip.
Sunday, April 28, 2019
- The Spring Spectacular started on the 23rd, with an update to disarming and detecting traps and lock measuring, lowering roundtime on all as long as you're in a civilized place. The effect of Water lore on Disarm Enhancement has also been changed, see GM Ixix's forum posting for full details.
- Cleric Base spell 302 (Smite/Bane) now does full damage when cast against a creature of opposite alignment. The doubled mana cost still applies.
- Empaths now automatically attempt to IMPRINT on the player they were healing when the transfer effect wears off, at no spirit cost.
- An additional Spiritual Lore, Religion benefit has been added to Holy Bolt (306). At 30 ranks, clerics can now unlock a version of Holy Bolt that is more effective against the living by using EVOKE to cast the spell.
Sunday, April 21, 2019
- The Rings of Lumnis Trials have begun! Type QUEST TRANSPORT RINGS in game to join other adventurers and scholars traveling to the Isle of Ornath to test their knowledge of all things Elanthia.
- The Spring Spectacular begins Monday, April 23rd, with 14 days of new releases!
- Fishing Titles have been added for avid fishers. Type TITLE LIST ANCILLARY-PRENAME or TITLE LIST ANCILLARY-POSTNAME to see the access them. Some of them are rarer titles and will require a lot of fishing to attain.
Sunday, April 14, 2019
- A new quality of life update for player run shops was released this week. You can now ANALYZE the scripted items for sale in player shops!
- The return of the travelling Mobile Smithy providing Weighting, Padding, and Sighting services for silvers begins Monday, April 15th, sometime in the afternoon or evening. Its first appearance will be in The Ravelin near Ta'Vaalor, and the next planned stop after that will be in Ta'Illistim. Read PM Wyrom's forum post for more details.
- The 5th annual celebration of the Magic of Spring with Twilight Hall begins on Thursday, April 20th, with their Magic Mixer at 10 pm Eastern and continues through Saturday with raffles and other events.
Sunday, April 7, 2019
- April 7th, at 9 pm Eastern, a delegation from the Human Empire will be meeting with the Argent Mirror in the Shining City. All are welcomed to join the reception in the Ta'Illistim Keep to welcome the special envoy.
- PM Wyrom updates the Creating Adventure newsletter and Gemstone Staff List. Take a look at what's been accomplished this past year in Elanthia and what future plans will be unfolding.
- March premium contest winners have been announced and the April contest is underway. Type PREMIUM 5 in game to see the contest rules and requirements.
Sunday, March 31, 2019
- Earthen Fury (917) has been adjusted to reduce the critical damage of the first cycle when cast against players. Read GM Konacon's forum posting for more details.
- Premium subscribers are invited to a quarterly OOC meeting on Friday, April 5th, at 9pm Eastern. Join the team of Premium GameMasters for a discussion of the ongoing storyline and the status of Premium. Look for a portal dropped in Gardenia Commons shortly before the meeting begins.
- Testing has begun on a new feature for Player run shops. Read GM Naos forum posting for full details on the testing.
Sunday, March 24, 2019
- Sorcerers will now receive notification when they've reached their weekly necrotic energy cap for the week.
- Duplicity will be working on Peretta-style cloaks, gowns, and and skirts on Tuesday, March 26th, beginning at 9pm Eastern. New garments will NOT be sold, so bring your Peretta gear for her to work on.
- GM Galene is seeking experts in elven and human fashion to submit designs for evening formalwear. Read the details on how to participate in her forum posting.
Sunday, March 17, 2019
- Teras Isle residents and visitors (or just those curious about the future goings-on in the town) are invited to the Kharam Dzu OOC meeting on Monday, March 18th, beginning at 9pm Eastern. Just look for the portal west of the statue and bring your questions and suggestions!
- Premium teleportation jewelry messaging will be customized by Jebariah on Tuesday, March 19, at 5:30pm Eastern. Mist Harbor citizens will also have the option to ground their teleportation jewelry so that they always arrive in the same outdoor spot in Mist Harbor when they activate it.
- Curious about what to do after finally hitting level 100? Join the Mentors at Silverwood Manor for an out-of-character conversation about life after capping on Thursday, March 21, at 9pm Eastern.
Sunday, March 10, 2019
- The Mentors of Silverwood Manor will be hosting an open house on Monday, March 11 beginning at 9:00pm Eastern. This is a great opportunity for both newly returned and veteran adventurers to ask questions about Elanthia, find out about the Mentor program, and meet new friends. There will be food, drinks, and door prizes.
- Platinum subscribers are invited to attend a Siegery tournament at Begetting Besiegers on Tuesday, March 12 from 8:30pm – 10:30pm Eastern.
- You may have noticed a new treasure drop in your hunting loot! Small totem heads were introduced recently and aid with swimming.
Sunday, March 3, 2019
- With the advent of faster travel and varying Death Sting's penalties (for decaying vs. departing) the decay timer in The Rift has been updated to remove the doubled duration it previously had.
- Divine Fury has had an update to its lore benefit. Read the complete details in GM Estild's forum posting.
- The next chapter of the Isle of the Four Winds' storyline, The Nazhor Chronicles, starts today, March 3rd, at 4 p.m. EST. This is an ongoing storyline that will run weekly on Sundays beginning at 4 p.m. and on Thursdays beginning at 8:30 p.m. EST.
- The Faire of the North is coming to Icemule, beginning Thursday, March 7th at 9 p.m. Eastern. This event is open to all players and will feature shops, merchants, games, and raffles.
Sunday, February 24, 2019
- A treasure trove of information about Isle of the Four Winds has been discovered! Weekly updates will be made to the Isle of the Four Winds Lore page until all has been revealed.
- The deadline for submissions to the Storyline Art Contest is fast approaching. See GM Lydil's forum posting for complete details on entering and how to be sure if your submission was received.
- We're looking for elven and human inspired weapon designs. Check out GM Wraex's post on the official forums for the full details.
- Geltrude will return to Mist Harbor on Tuesday, February 26th at 5:30pm Eastern to practice her ink magic and artistry. Premium subscribers, come get your first (or fifth!) tattoo.
Sunday, February 17, 2019
- The mayoral race in Wehnimer's Landing has begun! See GM Kenstrom's forum announcement for all the details on throwing your hat in the ring.
- Apprentice Villicent will be unlocking portrait lockets in The Ivory Mask wagon in Mist Harbor on Sunday, February 24th at 7pm Eastern.
- The AI Crystal has seen a minor addition! It has been updated to now recognize and message when sighting is present on a bow.
Monday, February 11, 2019
- Duskruin returns this Friday, February 15th at 9 pm Eastern, and adventurers can explore the secrets of the Unearthed Temple. Type QUEST TRANSPORT DUSKRUIN to get there.
- We have a new Discord channel dedicated to all things GS wiki! Join us on the GemstoneIV Discord server and look for the wiki-talk channel.
- Premium subscribers! Did you know you can use a Sadie scroll to add a long+show alteration to an item? If your item has an existing long description or a show, and you want to add the other, it will cost 300 premium points. If you request both be added using a single Sadie scroll, it will be 600 premium points.
Sunday, February 3, 2019
- The rescheduled Cysaegir OOC meeting will be held on Monday, February 4th, at 9pm Eastern. Look for the portal in Linsandrych Common to enter the meeting.
- Solhaven hosts the Winternight's Festival beginning Wednesday, February 6th and culminating in the Snow Ball held by Cairnfang Manor on February 9th at 9pm Eastern. Check the calendar for all the details on each day's events.
- Mistresses Hepit and Tanki will be offering custom tattoo services in Mist Harbor on Saturday, February 9th, from 7:00 - 9:30pm Eastern.
Sunday, January 27th, 2019
- Locksmiths will no longer receive an experience penalty for using Disarm Enhancement or Lockpick Enhancement when picking or popping open boxes.
- Alchemy jars have received a quality of life update. MEASURE now reports the maximum quantity the jar can hold, while LOOK IN gives information on how many items it currently has in it.
- GM Lydil announces the Storyline Art Contest of 2019. Players can submit real world artwork related to storylines in Gemstone IV. Submissions will be accepted until Thursday, February 28th.
Sunday, January 20th, 2019
- More OOC meetings! Premium subscribers are invited to attend the Mist Harbor/Premium OOC meeting with the Premium Team on Friday, January 25th at 8:30pm Eastern. Icemule citizens and visitors are welcome to attend the Icemule OOC meeting with GM Necios on Saturday, January 26th beginning at 9:30 pm Eastern.
- GM Retser gives an update on the status of the Player Shops update. Read his announcement [here] for all the details.
- The Seneschal of Ta'Illistim Keep announces an audience with the Queen will be held on Saturday, January 26th at 9pm Eastern. Be sure to read up on court protocol if you plan on attending.
Sunday, January 13th, 2019
- Dark Elves will be the topic of their own OOC meeting with GM Valyrka, beginning at 9pm Eastern on Thursday, January 17th. Portals will be placed outside Moot Hall in Wehnimer's Landing and outside the Dark Elf Embassy in Ta'Illistim. All things Faendryl will be discussed, and questions are welcomed.
- The Cysaegir OOC meeting is scheduled for Saturday, January 19th, starting at 9pm Eastern. Everyone is welcome to attend and learn what future plans are in store for the town or to ask your Cysaegir-related questions.
- GM Ixix expands the arrival of mini-bosses and packs to include new creatures and areas. Read the details in his forum posting. Sounds like it might be time to stock up on deeds!
- The GLANCE verb has had some bugs squashed with it and you can now preview the various glance styles usable using VERB INFO GLANCE.
Sunday, January 6th, 2019
- On Monday, January 7th, Tracker Zendrian will be holding a raffle for Premium subscribers at 12pm Eastern. This raffle is only open to rangers able to summon an Animal Companion and the winner will have their animal companion groomed.
- GM Valyrka has announced an OOC meeting to chat about all things Ta'Illistim. Bring your questions and feedback to the Ta'Illistim Green on Saturday, January 12th, at 9pm Eastern.
- Vaalorian citizens and visitors alike are welcome to attend the Ta'Vaalor OOC meeting to discuss the current affairs and future of Ta'Vaalor. Look for a portal in King's Court just before 7pm Eastern on Sunday, January 13th.
Sunday, December 30th, 2018
- The end of the year is here and with it comes the annual New Year's Eve GameMaster Open House. Shimmering ladders will be located in each town (in both Prime and Platinum) beginning around 6 pm Eastern on Monday, December 31st.
- From now until January 2nd, you can recharge your enhancives at your local Adventurer's Guild and pay silvers instead of bounty points. Don't forget to recharge those badges!
Sunday, December 23rd, 2018
- All of Duskruin will remain open until Wednesday, December 25th, at 11:59pm Eastern, but sales of booklets in the SimuStore will end tonight, December 23rd, at 11:55pm Eastern!
- The Thrakmas season is upon us and it seems GM Ixix has a shiny new gift for the creatures of Elanthia. Read the details in his forum posting.
- Paladins also have a reason to celebrate, as Higher Vision gets its cap raised from a maximum +20 DS to a new cap of +55.
- The Mayor and the Advisory Council of Icemule Trace are inviting everyone to the grand opening of the Clovertooth Hall expansion on Saturday, December 29th at 10pm Eastern. The recently renovated and expanded second floor will feature new amenities for the town, and a couple of raffles will be drawn to mark the occasion.
Sunday, December 16th, 2018
- Winter wagons are open in Mist Harbor! Stop by The Ivory Mask and The Twisted Vine and check out this year's new inventory. Keep an eye on the calendar for merchants dropping by to customize the wares inside.
- Duskruin is open, with some new shops and old favorites to explore in Bloodriven Village, including The Sable Quietus, where you can buy one of the brand new plague masks.
- Lord Clessar will be in Ta'Illistim's Hanging Gardens on Monday, December 17th at 9pm to customize your favorite masks! It's the perfect time to get yours made to fit the metallic theme of the upcoming Silver and Gold Wintertide Celebration hosted by The Argent Mirror to mark the solstice on December 21st at 9pm Eastern.
Sunday, December 9th, 2018
- Duskruin begins on December 14th at 9pm Eastern and the Town Crier team has put together an article compiling all the teasers and news so far.
- The recent events in Mist Harbor for the "Those Aren't Tears" storyline get recapped by GM Quilic. This is an ongoing storyline so catch up and join in!
- Next Sunday, December 16th, at 6:30 pm Eastern, Helden Hall will be hosting their monthly tour. The tour of the Hall will be followed by a Tourney Brawl for those that wish to participate or just cheer from the sidelines.
- GM Vanah has made a small fix to the zesty petticoats that were sold at this year's Ebon Gate and other events.
Sunday, December 2nd, 2018
- Join the Cooperative Houses of Elanthia for the annual Solstice CHE tree decorating ceremony on Tuesday, December 4th at 10:30pm Eastern at Ebonstone Manor.
- The Winterfest celebrations begin on Thursday, December 6th at 10:00pm Eastern in Icemule Trace with the crowning of this year's Frost King and Queen.
- The Legends Bar at Hearthstone Manor recently saw the addition of goblets for the first Legendary monks in Elanthia, Vultieri in Prime, and Shiun in Platinum!
Sunday, November 25th, 2018
- Wiki moderator applications are still open until Thursday, November 29th. Details on what moderating entails and what we're looking for can be found here.
- Weighting, padding, and sighting services will be offered to anyone lucky enough to be spun by the merchant Culd in Wehnimer's Landing on Tuesday, November 27th at 9:30pm Eastern. Ta'Illistim citizens will also be visited by Yriwyn on Friday, November 30th at 9:00pm Eastern.
- The Icemule Historical Society collects the histories of Elanthian adventurers. Stop by and fill out their questionnaire and leave your mark on the record books!
Sunday, November 18th, 2018
- We're in search of wiki moderators! Read GM Kaikala's forum posting for more details on applying.
- Clerics have a new spell! You can read all about Ethereal Censer here.
- Xerria will be visiting the Merchant Lounge in Mist Harbor on Wednesday, November 21st at 9pm Eastern to unlock items for premium subscribers.
Sunday, November 11th, 2018
- DARTS! House Aspis will be hosting a Harvestide Darts Night on Saturday. November 17th.
- Thinking about proposing to that special someone? Schedule your Cathedral Wedding for an extra memorable day!
- Twilight Hall is celebrating their 22nd anniversary with a weeklong celebration in Wehnimer's Landing, beginning Monday, November 12th.
Sunday, November 4th, 2018
- Thanks to the tireless research of Lady Rhappellie and the participants in the Bardic College Symposium, a new feature of loresinging has been uncovered! Bards can now temporarily or permanently unlock the ability to RECALL the loresong of an item. Read more of the details in GM Estild's saved forum post.
- Platinum players can attend the Platinum OOC meeting on Saturday, November 10th at 2pm Eastern to discuss the state of Platinum and what you'd like to see in 2019.
- Adventurers under level 30 can attend the Argent Aspis Bounty Help event on Monday, November 5th. Meet outside the gates of House Aspis in Wehnimer's Landing at 8pm Eastern for aid completing your Adventurer's Guild bounties.
Sunday, October 28th, 2018
- Lady Rhappellie has put out a call for bard performers for her Bardic Showcase happening on Saturday, November 3.
- Cobblers were excited at Ebon Gate to see the release of a new cobbling punch for sandals! Grab yours before the event ends on Wednesday, October 31st.
- Signet rings and sealing waxes have gotten a minor quality of life update! You can now use ANALYZE to see how much wax you have left and what verbs you can use on your rings.
Sunday, October 21st, 2018
- As the Ebon Gate festivities continue, don't forget to use the MARK and REGISTER verbs to protect your prize wins, new alterations, and other valuables!
- The October Premium Contest for premium subscribers is under way. Check out GM Zoelle's forum posting for this month's contest details or type PREMIUM 6 in game.
- Bone Shaman Clothing was first unveiled this month in Ulda's Flesh and Bones shop at Ebon Gate. Have you seen anyone in this osseous attire rattling around yet?
Sunday, October 14th, 2018
- GHOUL returns to Caligos Isle beginning October 14th in Platinum and October 17th in Prime. Type FESTIVAL 7 in game to see the complete schedule.
- A long-awaited Nalfein divination tool, the Black Rose Deck, made its debut as one of the game prizes at Ebon Gate!
- Have you met Ambie and her sweet fishies yet? If you find her on Caligos Isle this month, she'll trade you some seashells for your very own feisty, finny friend.
Sunday, October 7th, 2018
- Ebon Gate continues! The schedule is posted, shops are opened, cliff divers are competing in the Diving Competition and players are earning seashells at the games! Live games continue until October 8th in Platinum and begin in Prime on October 13th.
- The Gift of Eonak Login Reward has been updated to now help rogues when creating locks and lockpicks via Lock Mastery.
- If you bought some new jewelry this week at A Piercing Scream on Caligos Isle, a new wiki article was created to explain the ins and outs of piercing. This article is a work in progress, so please feel free to contribute!
Sunday, September 30th, 2018
- Are you ready for Ebon Gate? Visit Caligos Isle beginning on October 1st when shopping opens and the storyline commences. Starting October 5th and continuing through the end of the month, you can play automated games, spend some time fishing, or go Deep Sea Diving for sunken treasure.
- The PERM-ifier will be returning this year to Caligos Isle. What precious things do you want to keep forever?
- This year's Ebon Gate festival will also see the premiere of custom flare messaging.
- Collectible treasures have been found in boxes since July, have you completed any achievements yet?
Sunday, September 23rd, 2018
- The POLICY verb in game has been updated to add the POLICY REVIEW command and policies 3 and 20 have been updated.
- On Monday, September 24th, Merchant Culd of the Talent will be offering weighting, padding, and sighting services at 9pm in Icemule Trace.
- Also on September 24th, the Mentors will be hosting a discussion at Silverwood Manor at 10pm on the ins and outs of Ranger animal companions.
Sunday, September 16th, 2018
- Monks now have a new spell in their arsenal, Telekinesis!
- Beginning Friday, September 21st, the Carnival of Freaks will be visiting the outskirts of Wehnimer's Landing, bringing their own unique brand of entertainment.
- Paladins have had a few recent spell changes. Rejuvenation now has an evoke option, Aid the Fallen now allows dead paladins with enough Summoning Lore to choose their teleportation targets, and the spell infusion aspects of Sanctify have been improved.
Sunday, September 9th, 2018
- Every Wednesday night is Guild Night! Double the guild points for tasks turned in.
- Beginning September 21st, the Carnival of Freaks will be parked somewhere near Wehnimer's Landing for a weekend visit.
- Frontier Days continues in Wehnimer's Landing until September 15th.
- Grab a baton and steal those pennants! All are welcome to join in on this month's rounds of Pennant Chase, happening at 4pm Eastern on September 9th in Prime and September 23rd in Platinum.
Monday, September 3rd, 2018
- The Carnival of Freaks is set to arrive in Elanthia the weekend of September 21st.
- Join the Argent Mirror for a fundraiser planning session in Ta'Illistim on Thursday, September 6th at 9pm Eastern.
- The 13th annual Frontier Days celebration is coming to Wehnimer's Landing from September 7th to the 15th.
Sunday, June 3rd, 2018
- A Midsummer Night's Festival will be back in July on on the Isle of Four Winds.
Saturday, June 2nd, 2018
- Festival of Lumnea returns June 7th in Prime and June 14th in Platinum.
Friday, June 1st, 2018
- Duskruin is coming June 15th.
Thursday, May 31st, 2018
- Delayed services have wrapped up for the Commencement of Coraesine Forest.
Friday, October 13, 2017
- Forging has been revamped to display the official Forging Guide and includes new information from GM Mikos. If you're a forger, we need your help with messaging.
Saturday, September 9, 2017
Sunday, August 27, 2017
- GSWiki introduces player research pages that anyone can make to show their number crunching. All page titles should start with "Research:". For more information, see the Style Guide.
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- GSWiki reminds everyone that their 20th Anniversary on the Web Giftbox item opportunity expires on August 31.
Thursday, August 10, 2017
- The shop listing for Frontier Days 2017 could use some help with details. The festival is open until August 12 for everyone.
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
- The shop listing for A Midsummer Night's Festival 2017 is substantially complete. The festival is open until the evening of June 21 for Premium subscribers only.
Saturday, June 17, 2017
- Follow the Playershop updates on GSWiki. The quarterly Lumnis contest is also happening through July 1 @1am ET.
Friday, June 2, 2017
- GSWiki has all the latest on the Kharam Dzu 120th Anniversary Celebration.
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
- Chaddeaux created an LM SENSE map of the Landing and uploaded it to GSWiki.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- The character profile template has been updated with easy to use instructions. Character profiles are a great way to start learning how to Wiki.
Friday, February 10th, 2017
- Welcome new player referrals from The Professor! Please check out our new player information and visit the Order of Lorekeepers (the Mentors) in game.
Wednesday, April 5th, 2017
- The problems affecting the Vector skin (default display format), server 500 error, and other GSWiki issues have been fixed and the fixes appear to be stable. If you changed your skin, it is safe to change it back.
Sunday, March 12th, 2017
- Technical issues have been noted and sent on to GMs and Simu HQ for fixing. Please be patient while this is being investigated.
Thursday, January 5th, 2017
- Creating Adventure is back with a Year in Review listing and a new Spotlight on Staff.
Saturday, December 31st, 2016
- Experience pages have been updated for the major changes and organized in the new Experience category.
Saturday, December 16th, 2016
- The inventory for Feast of the Immortals festival 2016 has been posted.
Tuesday, October 11th, 2016
- The remaining mechanics pages have been re-categorized into Area Mechanics, Character Mechanics, and Item Mechanics. All can be found in the Mechanics category. A request to change the left sidebar has been made.
Thursday, October 6th, 2016
- Where are all the combat mechanics? They're in the new Combat Mechanics category. Editors are working on other, more comprehensive, key categories so that information will be easier to find. At the same time, we are trying to condense and merge pages to eliminate conflicting and redundant information.
Monday, September 12th, 2016
- Starting today, we will be posting recent additions to GSWiki. Recent project completions include new creature templates and corresponding instructions for using them, and a template and instructions for storyline NPC pages.
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Thursday, February 4th, 2016
Thursday, December 31st, 2015
Monday, June 1st, 2015
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015
- Our search function should now be indexing the content of our wiki properly! GS4-WYROM (talk) 20:33, 18 February 2015 (CST)
Friday, January 23rd, 2015
- Be sure to check out our new Creating Adventure piece! GS4-WYROM (talk) 08:55, 23 January 2015 (CST)
Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
- Welcome to the new GemStone IV Wiki, home of the Krakiipedia. GS4-WYROM (talk) 12:41, 3 January 2015 (CST)